DCE campaigns

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

DCE campaigns

Post by Hammer »

Found another campaign that Grifter and I always assumed were single airframe, and maybe single player.

All of these newer (NG it seems) campaigns can be played multiplayer - bot coop and h2h modes (I do not think all of us are wanting human opfor?).

The Crisis in PG Hornet campaign by default has: Tomcat, Hornet, Mirage, Harrier, A10C II, Falcon, Gazelle.

I have been at least instructed a bit on how to add or change aircraft, so I would like to know what people would want in addition to the above.

F-15, JF-17 come to mind. I am not sure if SU-25T and Hokum would fit in PG due to distance.

I also need to test a bit and check flight start times as that was a big detriment to Liberation.

Thoughts?

These are all the campaigns available, I would definitely say stick to NG type campaigns.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/162712-dce-campaigns/
Helmut
Jedi Master

Re: DCE campaigns

Post by Jedi Master »

If it has the Gazelle, the other helos and 25T should work as well.

Beyond that, anything outside the Black Sea region is welcome at this point, whether Syria, PG, or even NTTR.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

just because the gazelle is in it does not mean it is feasible to fly it across the strait in a reasonable amount of time. i think it is in there because the UAE has them in RL.

still gonna swap in the Ka-50 in place of it. we will see once we check out a mission how it works out.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I will fly that KA-50. Thank you hammer!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Yes, that is why I am gonna mess with it at all. I just hope you do not find the distances in PG to be too far.
Helmut
gravyy

Post by gravyy »

Hammer wrote:
30 Jun 2021, 08:32
Yes, that is why I am gonna mess with it at all. I just hope you do not find the distances in PG to be too far.
** CRIES IN A-10C **
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

If the A-10's take off from the most Northern point of the UAE, might not be too bad. Still would take time though.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

If possible, i would put the Ka-50's and the A-10's and the su-25T's at Khasab and another point along the NW coast of UAE. i just need time to dig all the aircraft, livery, nation, loadout (gotta build a loadout in the code as well), and airbase details out of the mission editor to plug into the code of the mission/campaign.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

If there is something I can do to help. Let me know. I can use the mission editor to add or change planes if you like.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no, in these campaigns the addition of planes, loadouts, etc. is done in the code/scripts. i asked specifically about that and was told the code is the best way - not ME.

one thing that could help is look things up in the ME. what is the exact DCS name in a mission for:

F-15C
Ka-50
SI-25T
JF-17

I believe that is all we need to add for now.

Then I need the faction names available for those. Or should we do this the easy way and just use USAF Aggressors? I think that is best.

Then I need livery names for those airframes within the USAF aggressor faction.

We can probably just let them spawn with default loadouts for now and change the loadout when getting in - they may spawn empty.
Helmut
gravyy

Post by gravyy »

I agree USAF Aggressors is the best option here. Gives the most available that way from what ive read in other ME related posts on reddit.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hammer wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 08:28

one thing that could help is look things up in the ME. what is the exact DCS name in a mission for:

F-15C
Ka-50
SI-25T
JF-17
I went into the mission editor, but when I select an aircraft there is no special code or anything. They are simply called F-15C, etc. Is there a code or something I ought to be looking for, and if so where would I find it?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I think it might be easiest to create a mission and send me the mission file. put all the aircraft in it we might want, along with nationalities, loadout, liveries and i can use that as a baseline.

i know it is a lot of work...

EDIT: perhaps there is a mission we already have (i.e. some of those you made Grifter) that have most of the aircraft already? just the a-10C 2 might nee to be added? but maybe hold off pending our 2nd test Monday night of liberation.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I could do that with some previously made missions, sure. Would I need to remove triggers and just make it vanilla so that the DCE does all that or need I only add planes?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i only need the planes added with appropriate nations and liveries/squadrons and loadouts. i will pull the info out of that file, not use the mission directly.

but maybe wait since it seems Liberation is working for us.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Well if you’re not using the mission directly, then I could make sure the load outs, airframes, liveries are correct and then just mail you the fil for you to cull as needed. I can probably do that in the next few weeks, assuming I’m home, just so that we have it if needed.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

sounds good.
Helmut