Liberation 4.0 test campaign

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Liberation 4.0 test campaign

Post by Hammer »

This is a lightweight NTTR campaign to see how things go for the whole group. There are no rotary wing aircraft in the first mission as I do not know where the front line is nor do I yet have targets for them. Plus there may be significant enemy air activity.

I expect we need to take about 50% CAP/BARCAP and 50% SEAD/DEAD. There are plenty of SAM and Radar targets even for the SU-25T (target to the SSE of departure airfield).

The enemy is a modern Chinese force with some stand-ins for Chinese aircraft. There will be JF-17's on both sides.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Re: Liberation 4.0 test campaign

Post by Jedi Master »

The MiG-21 would work well for China, although they never had the bis themselves.

Still, flying against JF-17s might be a real challenge as I've not seen much in the way of weaknesses for them yet. Hammer's PK with them seems FAR higher than the western missiles and even the R-77.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

:D Bones did kill at least one Thunder last night.

I do not think they have the MiG-21 in this faction. I can probably add it, if it seems this campaign is worthwhile. There are also SU-30's and SU-34's.

One thing to note that in our test EVERYONE was Enfield 1-2. I have asked about this on the Liberation support discord as well as A2G waypoints being in the sky rather than at the target elevation.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I would like feedback on the mission tonight. I do know that we have everyone called Enfield 1-2 for the most part and that A2G waypoints seem to be up in the air and relatively useless for targeting. Anything else? Was the mission enjoyable?

Jedi did you get your frame rates figured out?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

For me, the mission was absolutely great. I just made a mistake on my part by going SEAD first instead of A2A.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Just a reminder that some F/A-18's are set to cold start. I think they are at Tonopah Test? Otherwise, I enjoyed the mission a lot.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

will check. anything/anyone else?
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Hammer wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 14:46
:D Bones did kill at least one Thunder last night.
YUP!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

turn 1 results:

11 Hornets lost! How am I supposed to keep an operatonal squadron?

At least the enemy lost a LOT more.
mission1results.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

mission 2 results:

far fewer losses this time around on both sides, but we still eliminated more of them than we lost. 4 more Hornets lost, I do not know how many we will have to fly next week! It takes a turn to replenish even if I sell off other planes.

we are definitely winning, and I got at least somewhat of a handle on the ground war.
mission2results.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

We definitely need to improve in the survivability department.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Tell that to the IR missiles that don't miss.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm no computer programming expert but it does seem like the Russian missiles perform significantly better than the NATO ones. Either that or the enemy AI get some kind of cheats/buffs.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Not to be a pedant but...where did China get MiG-31s anyway? Never exported from Russia once!
Damned R-33s seem to work better than AIM-54s which is NOT likely. If the R-33 was so great, it would
1) have been used on other planes and
2) not been replaced by the R-37 ;)
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

"The enemy is a modern Chinese force with some stand-ins for Chinese aircraft. "

I have been considering modifying this Chinese 2010 faction though.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

HA, pretty soon all you Hornet pukes will be raiding my Tomcats!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

That they will... :D

I have removed all blue JF-17's and will fly only Mirage 2000's. I do not think we have much time left in this campaign.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Is the 31 supposed to be roughly a J-20 stand-in then? From what I understand it's basically a stealthy Foxfire as far as its role, although not as fast and with missiles that aren't as ranged as the 33/37.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I do not know as I did not create the campaign nor the faction.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

mission 3 results. much better regarding losses, but i could surmise that is due to the light turnout. Trichome is a ground attack machine.
mission3results.png
Helmut