RAZBAM again?

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

RAZBAM again?

Post by Hammer »

Apparently RAZBAM stated/did something again? Maybe around the Harrier as I read it had to do with Mavericks? I was just sniffing around the Liberation discord a bit.
Helmut
Grifter

Re: RAZBAM again?

Post by Grifter »

I only read something in passing. Apparently they are taking away their Harrier's ability to launch a certain AGM-65 model because the actual Harrier does not use that type. Some people are angry that they are making the change because they don't want to lose the ability.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I was able to find this thread...

"data indicated that the AGM-65F, while available to the Harriers in the 2000s, was not in service in the USMC and not integrated in the mid 2010s update the Harriers received. This motivated the decision to remove it from the aircraft to better represent the capabilities of a mid 2010s aircraft, which is what our AV-8B N/A module is based on currently."

Check out the first post from the RAZBAM team....

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/276694-an ... ick-loads/
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

if it is realistic i would actually support it. i wonder what the real reason was behind it not being used.

Maybe Xpendable can check when/if he gets a chance.
Helmut
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Yeah, Razbam has their facts wrong. I contacted my USMC harrier pilot friend who flew them for 4 years, and flew them in combat in Afghanistan in 2003. They absolutely DID carry AGM-65F's, and deployed them as well. Whomever Razbam is using as a SME doesn't know what he's talking about.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

If that's the case I hope they get it sorted soon. Seems like a few angry people in that thread (and a few others).
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Xpendable,
not sure if you want to, but maybe you can comment there to that effect and let them know you have access to a Harrier pilot. Maybe in a PM, but it might be better to have it out in public. The only issue I see is then you become a "popular" person.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Is there distinction/argument that they are modeling theirs on a mid-2010’s USMC Harrier? But the Marines were the only ones using it, right? If so, I can see why ppl are angry.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I did actually comment there, and so did one my former air force buddies. Razbam came to their senses and decided not to nix it.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Nice!
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Xpendable wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 20:22
I did actually comment there, and so did one my former air force buddies. Razbam came to their senses and decided not to nix it.

Awesome!
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Really? That great! Glad they reconsidered.