Hey guys!

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

MasonSatchmo

Hey guys!

Post by MasonSatchmo »

Hi gentlemen ,

I was up North for three weeks without my main PC, and was planning on returning to active duty tonight . I got the moderna shot today and it’s completely exhausted me , I will see if I’m awake by 830 est . All the best boys .
PanzerMeyer

Re: Hey guys!

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Was this your first or second shot? Stay safe!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hey Mason,

Glad to hear you got the shot, assuming it was your second. I won't be here next week, but hope to catch up with you the week after.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Welcome to Team Moderna!

I will be here next week and most likely the week afterwards but then after that I am gone for 3 weeks, assuming Poland lets us into the country.

I obviously can't bring my HOTAS and won't be able to fly well without it, so I am thinking for our sessions, of taking the role of LSO/air traffic controller/AWACS/mission commander that sort of thing. That way I can still participate, although it will be 0300 hours Poland time for me when I do. I'm up anyway, but my in-laws I'm sure won't be haha.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
gravyy

Post by gravyy »

Have a safe trip Bones.

Maybe I can convince Grifter to RIO for me in the tomcat
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Have a safe trip in Poland and remember to bring back a batch of pierogi for me!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 03:38
Have a safe trip in Poland and remember to bring back a batch of pierogi for me!
I would if I could! My mother in law makes them from scratch. Last time we were there she made over 100 of them.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

gravyy wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 17:49
Have a safe trip Bones.

Maybe I can convince Grifter to RIO for me in the tomcat
That would be cool! I can see how my padewan do together!

Of course I can also instruct from overseas if need be!

v6,
boNes
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hey Bones,
Have a great trip to Poland. Don’t feel compelled to sign on man. Don’t want you up to all hours on our account! Gravvy, be happy to RIO for you.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Grifter wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 08:28
Hey Bones,
Have a great trip to Poland. Don’t feel compelled to sign on man. Don’t want you up to all hours on our account! Gravvy, be happy to RIO for you.
Thanks, we just got word today that we would be able to enter the country so it's a go.

I have gotten my laptop set up to run DCS, Teamspeak, and Steam. I may need some testing to make sure.

I just realized something though--in the RIO seat, I don't need the HOTAS per se...it's not like I'm flying the plane. So I can still do RIO duties in the back, I'll just borrow my niece's joystick or use keybinds to operate the HCU. OF course if it doesn't work out for some reason, you can RIO for Gravvy, or I can provide tech support haha.

v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 17:17

Thanks, we just got word today that we would be able to enter the country so it's a go.

I
v6,
boNes

Awesome! So in addition to the pierogis can you bring me a bottle of Belevedere Vodka as well? ;-)
Bones

Post by Bones »

Belvidere Vodka! The man has taste!

Chopin is good too.

The building in front of the Belvidere bottle is The Belvidere. It is in Warsaw and is the home of the Polish president, so it's the equivalent of the White House. I got to stand in front of it 2 years ago, haha.

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

Oh, and BTW, pierog is singular and pierogi is plural, so 1 pierog or many pierogi!

v6,
boNes
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I am not Polish, but I have been to Poland a bunch of times in the late '90's. Long story. I would love to go back someday.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 19:53
Oh, and BTW, pierog is singular and pierogi is plural, so 1 pierog or many pierogi!

v6,
boNes

Thank you sir for that Polish grammar lesson. If I ever win the Lotto and thus have plenty of time to learn other languages I might delve into some Polish. :-)
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Bones, sounds like you will be in Warszawa, correct? Dunno if it is still there, but there is a great place for lody (ice cream) in Stare Miasto (Old Town).
Bones

Post by Bones »

Xpendable wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 23:05
Bones, sounds like you will be in Warszawa, correct? Dunno if it is still there, but there is a great place for lody (ice cream) in Stare Miasto (Old Town).
We will be laying over Warszawa on our way to Joanna's hometown. But I've been to Warsaw twice now, and the last time we hit up some lody and piwo there...at 9am!

Stare Miasto was nice, I have to say. We got to see Belvidere, the old walls, and the church that Chopin's heart is in.

Sounds like you've been there before...?

We probably won't go into Warsaw this time but Cracow (Krakow) instead, which we prefer. Hopefully we (I) can stay out of a street fight this time, haha! Maybe a trip to Vienna to visit a SimHQ friend again (Panzer knows him as RSColonel_131st ).

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Wow, Wien is quite a ways away from Poland.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yeah it's like a 5 hour drive, we can make it a day trip. It took us that long to get across the Ukraine border and our house in Poland is only 30 minutes from the border. So Wien ain't bad...

v6,
boNes
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Vey cool. I have onky been to Krakow once, but Warszawa 14 times. My father was transferred to Poland for a 2 year term as VP of eastern European operations for his company. His family stayed state-side while he lived there in a townhouse he rented on Saska. We got to go visit him a bunch and I ended up getting involved with a Polish girl. After my dad was done and moved back home, I was still going over there by myself because of the girlfriend. Eventually we broke up. Ironically, my wife is half-Polish, but doesn't speak a word of it. I am 0% Polish but know a little bit. My dad learned to speak fluent Polish while he was there. When my dad calls me on the phone, I answer in Polish just for fun. I wish I knew more and have periodically had a goal to learn more. I would like to go back someday, and my wife is interested in doing that. It has been a long time. I was last there 21 years ago. I understand it has changed a lot. It was changing a lot in the 3 years I was visiting.