Hey guys!

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Re: Hey guys!

Post by Bones »

Very cool background story. 14 times, wow! This trip will only be my 5th. My wife was born and raised in Poland so I am learning Polish, especially since my in-laws don't speak English (my father in law can get by). We want our son to speak Polish too, so that he can communicate with them and his cousins. My niece over there has been taking English all through school so she has gotten really good at it over the years. From what I understand things have changed alot since back then and especially since the days of communism. Since they joined the EU things have been shaping up. They even bought some F-16s, and now they recently bought some F-35s, much to Putin's chagrine. The US Army was there doing join exercises with them when we were there last, and a few days ago we saw on flight radar 24 that there was a KC-135 from the USAF doing refueling circuits over Poland. Must make the Russians unhappy...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I'm half Polish but know next to none of the language. My grandparents were born in either Krakow or Warsaw, I forget which. They died over 40 years ago so I barely knew them, but they spoke perfect English as they came over very young.I barely remember my great-grandmother who spoke with a bit of an accent.

I will say I don't really care for the food. My mother is half-Italian and that's where my stomach yearns to be! Her other side is British and I cant' say which food I find less appealing, that or Polish!
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 20:19

Maybe a trip to Vienna to visit a SimHQ friend again (Panzer knows him as RSColonel_131st ).

v6,
boNes
I hope he's doing well. I hardly ever see him post on SimHQ anymore.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

BTW, Xpendable, we had lody pretty much every day. My favorite flavors were the whiskey, pivo, and one other one whose Polish name escapes me right now...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Xpendable wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 06:54
my wife is half-Polish, but doesn't speak a word of it

Jedi Master is also half Polish but doesn't speak a word of it except for some food items I believe. PDT_Armataz_01_14
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen