Waypoint Question

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Waypoint Question

Post by Trichome »

I’ve been thinking about this since our Op and the issues with the waypoints.

1. Can I use the waypoint data page to amend a waypoint put in by the map creator to one which works for my flight?
2. If not, could I have just created new waypoints (for use with HARM PB mode or GPS TOO mode)? (Would have taken up more time on the ground though to prep)
3. If I add in the waypoint (as a sequence for flight plan or just a regular waypoint) can I share that with my flight or wingman without having to relay all the coordinates?

The video below got me thinking about it. I never used this option to create waypoints. The missions I made were very basic and I used the ME waypoint I set as WPTDSG for the tgp or GPS bombs in TOO mode. Im liking SEAD but want to be better prepared (sorry Gator) and trying to sort out how to best do that.

(watch for language at the start)

Thanks,

Trichome
Bones

Re: Waypoint Question

Post by Bones »

1. Yes. Go to the waypoint in the data page, then hit the UFC. On the UFC there will be a button for "position" and you can enter new coordinates.

2. You can do it this way too, and it will take some time, but not too much. Besides, sometimes we start our flights this way so everyone is doing it at the same time so no time is really wasted amongst us.

3. The closest thing to this is if you have your datalink on, then go to the SA page, then select one of your DL wingmen, it will also show their waypoints. You can see if it coincides with yours to see if you have the same waypoints and if not, you can at least see which one they are heading to.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thanks Bones!!

Im going to give this a go on my test map.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Just to add, it might also help if we try to join the same flights as much as possible so that the waypoints are the same. As that will not always be possible, we will have to select a flight from which to draw waypoints so that we’re all heading in the same direction. When inputting coordinates via UFC, obviously choose a waypoint entry page that does not already contain coordinates. That way you can revert to the old coordinates if needed/desired later in the mission.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

right now, in Liberation, i have one player slot per flight of 2 airframes. this is in case a human player does not occupy a slot at least one of the aircraft gets airborne to help our ide in the campaign.

alternatively i can make both aircraft in a flight players, and leave some flights all AI. or add flights to a package that are just players. i will see how both options look and go from there.

another alternative is to just add entire packages that are just player and maybe remove some AI flights (so the humans have something to do and everything is not destroyed by AI). In this case I do not think I would add waypoints as it is more effort, but I think the flight could create their own or just fly without them (maybe some ground pre-planning?).
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Adding the waypoints in the jet is not a super big deal, a bit time consuming but not the end of the world. Pre mission brief would likely be necessary so everyone could get the coordinates and punch them in, if we decide to go this route.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i think, if i have time, i will do a bit of both.

will make entire flights player so for them the waypoints, etc. are the same.

will see about making/adding entire packages for just players.
Helmut