For Trichrome/Gator/Graavy/Staark

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

For Trichrome/Gator/Graavy/Staark

Post by Bones »

Here is the "tutorial" on carrier landings with the control input display on so you can see my HOTAS motions:

Pay particular attention to how there is alot of throttle motion and hardly any stick motion. Three point power correction and on AOA is the key, small changes in throttle and stick too. Remember you will net a better controlled result with cumulative small throttle motions than you will with one big throttle motion.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Re: For Trichrome/Gator/Graavy/Staark

Post by Trichome »

Bones wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 10:26
Remember you will net a better controlled result with cumulative small throttle motions than you will with one big throttle motion.
I'm definitely learning this point. Thanks for sharing the video!

I find my biggest issue is the transition from flight mode to getting on speed AOA and remembering all the points to hit in the pattern. Its a work in progress. Managed to get on the carrier 4 ugly times last night but Ill take it. I have to remember to breathe too.....lol

Trichome
Trichome

Re: For Trichrome/Gator/Graavy/Staark

Post by Trichome »

Im watching this a couple time and I feel like if I try and transition during my turns vs while in a straight line its going to get me to ease up to on speed AOA as I come out of the turn...

Trichome