LotATC

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Xpendable

LotATC

Post by Xpendable »

I meant to post this last week after last Wednesday's flight. I've been super busy getting my Halloween yard display pneumatic animatronics up and running again and haven't had much free time.

Anyway, the ATC/GCI software I was talking about is LotATC. Website here:
https://www.lotatc.com/

The server software does not require any license. The client software, however, does require a license. You only need that if you are going to be ATC and/or GCI. I've got a client license already. I'm not that great at GCI, and it's been a long time. But I'd be willing to give it a go. It also supports integration into SRS, although that doesn't seem to matter for us.
Trichome

Re: LotATC

Post by Trichome »

Xpendable wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 07:04
KHalloween yard display pneumatic animatronics up

Going to need to see some pics of this please... sounds cool!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

The Lot ATC tool sounds great. Reading up a bit and I can se how it can be useful but will take sometime for most people to grasp.

Getting more efficient with the ME is my goal now but I can definitively see myself trying something like this. Great for nights when you just dont feel like flying but you still want to help the group.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Yep, exactly! As for the pneumatics...

Here is a taste...

Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thats awesome Xpendable!!

Those are the houses you remember.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

HaHa! That thing is awesome!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I was looking to try out LotATC for next Monday and Wednesday because Ill be travelling to BC and wor be able to join you guys... I have a couple questions.

Seems like I would only be able to use it for 10 minutes as a demo? Is that right, Id rather not purchase if I dont have too seeing as I wont be using it very much.

Also would my laptop run it? These are the stats but I dont know how to compare my stock video card to the one recommended.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.85 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 620

https://www.lotatc.com/product/01_client.html#demo
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Your laptop should run LotATC no problem. Yes, I believe the demo will only work for 10 minutes at a time. It has a bit of a learning curve but once you learn the basics, you will be able to provide better information, more accurately and frequently, with multiple friendlies and multiple baddies. It does take some practice. I am personally out of practice!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

okay good to know it'll run it.

I guess this vacay might not be the best time to learn this...haha.. wife might not be to happy.
Maybe ill hop on for 10 minutes (Wed) to give it a try.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I have done LotATC for our RLG hops on a laptop all the way from Poland several times, so what you plan to do should be fine.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Xpendable wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 20:30
Your laptop should run LotATC no problem. Yes, I believe the demo will only work for 10 minutes at a time. It has a bit of a learning curve but once you learn the basics, you will be able to provide better information, more accurately and frequently, with multiple friendlies and multiple baddies. It does take some practice. I am personally out of practice!
Especially when there are a ton of contacts. It's just one big mass of red!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot