AV-8B cockpit build

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Xpendable

Re: AV-8B cockpit build

Post by Xpendable »

This is an exploded assembly view of the Harrier UFC that I have been working on. I designed all of this. This is about 2+ months of work, with more to do.

Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Still a work on progress on the UFC. This is a raytraced render. Still learning how to do the renders, so lighting and colors are not entirely correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Since I am out of commision for a bit, thought I would do a quick update on my Harrier project. First, I have released the CAD model to ny OpenHarrier group. It is far from done, but now available publicly, free of charge. I have several modelers that will also be contributing part designs to the project. I have worked out a preliminary certification process for certifying parts made by others as being compatible with my model. In some cases these parts will be made with other CAD packages but exported from those packages and imported into FreeCAD as an external assembly. Certification is needes to make parts fit with other parts and that they are not out of scale.

In other news, there is a guy in Oregon that is making 30+ replica Harrier throttles made from machined aluminum. I out a deposit down and am currently build #23. It is going to take some time get my throttle but should be worth the wait. It won't be cheap, either. He is a member of my OpenHarrier community. I could not convince him to share his plans as he does not want others to profit from his hard work. I will probably still design my own version at some point but with some 3d printed parts instead of machined aluminum. Attaching a photo of the start of assembly for one of the paid throttles. This is the prototype.

My UFC is still in progress. I have decided I need a better 3d printer and plan to buy one soon. I decided to guve the Two Trees SK1 a try. Supposed to be fairly impressive and comparable to Bambu Labs but significantly less expensive and does not use cloud services.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.