Screenshots / Videos

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Re: Screenshots / Videos

Post by Trichome »

Cr33p3r wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 08:02
Trichome be warned this might be you next time you fly with me. PDT_Armataz_01_09
Id still hope in and go to war with you... Lets roll (not left to right though... PDT_Armataz_01_34 )
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Heading out for a bit of training...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Tonights Flying the break practice at Ramat David

Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Good Mi8 training tonight. Some attacks before I lost the middle spaceball.

Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Creeper in the Mi-8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Creeper stopping by and then flying with 1 "wing"....
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Thanks for sharing. Not often I see screenshots of myself.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Tonapah VOR/DME Z RWY 32 Approach. I wanted to record this to show different things you can do with DCS besides fight. With a VOR/DME Z Approach, it is a non-precision approach that is meant to get you safely to an area close enough to the runway to land. Since it is non-precision, it may not line you up perfectly, but rather get you close enough for you to line up when you go visual. In this case, it led me to being off axis about 20 degrees to the right of the runway. Timecodes in video at each point in the approach chart:

v6,
boNes
Last edited by Bones on 26 Oct 2022, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

In this next mission it was an exhibition match between me in the Tomcat and (2) F-16s from the Turkish Air Force wanting to test my mettle. The rules were they can only use guns since they outnumbered me. I had (4) Sidewinders and guns, but scored better if I brought back all (4) Sidewinders. Of course, no kill like a guns kill.

I shot them both down in about 2-3 minutes each engagement, all guns. I don't have the video footage but at the end of this video you can see the results. Everytime I killed the bandit, I had ventilated his canopy with 20 mm and killed the pilot. Hoser Satarpa would be proud.

Video was made primarily to record the Incirlik AB Localizer 5 Approach. I again wanted to highlight the other things you can do besides fight in DCS, such as instrument approaches with a chart. After taxiing, I do show off to the tower a bit for shooting down their Falcons. It's a maneuver I saw Tomcats do after taxiing after their demo at airport airshows. They face the audience, "take a bow" (kneel the Tomcat as if she is going to cat launch) and "flap the wings" (Pop up the spoiler brakes and DLC on and off) then nose back up, swing the wings back into oversweep, and shut down.

If I had a virtual broom I would have waved it while going by with the open canopy as well, to signify a "clean sweep." Cuz I'm a jerk like that. If I thought of it I would have landed tailhook down tooo, haha. Specific points in the approach are timestamped in the video:

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Spawn into Hades....

Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

AH64 practice with Trichome last night:

Also, I watched AI BMP's shoot like they were stormtroopers:
Bones

Post by Bones »

Maybe stormtroopers were manning the BMP-2s.

Oh, look, Bones is playing DCS now too!

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

George and I starting to figure it out.....
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

From Halloween
Bones

Post by Bones »

The bones of VF-103 go well with that deck crew!

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

1V1 with me in the F-14B V Creeper in the MiG-21, classic Cold War dogfight:

My HOTAS quit working during the fight so I had no buttons working, so the kills on Creeper were called as simulated.

Tomcat trap at the end.

v6,
boNes
Last edited by Bones on 08 Nov 2022, 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
Bones

Post by Bones »

SLAM-ER Training with IP Grifter and student Bones in the F/A-18C. I'm amazed at this weapon, I think it's feeky and I like it alot.

The weapon is setup much like a JDAM, but with the mechanics of a Harpoon and with the DL13, much like the Walleye. Using the DL13 as a BDA device really rocks.

One problem we had was getting so target fixated we barely noticed (2) bandits sneaking up on us. But hey, we were training--and when we did notice, Grifter and I did some really good mutual support self defense and succeeded in shooting down--Creeper and Hammer?!?

That was an (un)pleasant surprise! I thought at first I made a blue on blue kill then it turned out they had defected to RedFor for the moment, haha.

Hammer and Creeper, you guys did great in that engagement and I love how real life it was. Even in training, it is not unheard of for Aggressor pilots to try and bounce the students who are concentrating on another mission.

What a beauty this hop was. After launch, Grifter and I formed up as a section. We did our training and when we detected the bandits we formed up together first before prosecuting. We gave each other mutual support through the engagement, then afterwards formed up and went back to the boat together.

We were in the pattern as a section, entering the break together and observing carrier ops procedure in doing so.

In the pattern I should have gotten in tighter in formation with Grifter. Not only is that the proper way but it would look totally sierra hotel in the break. Our interval was not bad, Grifter got down and I was on base when he trapped. Ideally I should be just about turning into the groove when he clears the deck. But different factors affect different things, you just try to keep the clockwork running tight.

Great job, guys!

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I am happy we could provide the two of you with so much enjoyment... PDT_Armataz_01_05
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Halloween Fun:

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

v6,
boNes