For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Re: Screenshots / Videos

Post by Bones »

Probably one of my best approaches to trap:

v6,
boNes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Emergency landing=Outdoor Museum Display:

v6,
boNes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Probably one of my best trap approaches in terms of staying on centerline...but I got a 4 wire...awwww (3 if you count the SHB!):

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

Look! Stennis has deck crew now!!!!

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

Hammer and I:

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

Some picturesque kill shots:

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

MOre...
Bones

Post by Bones »

Oops
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

me (w/nuke) vs trichome and bones = race to the mig21

Bones

Post by Bones »

I had video but all I see in it is a red dot pulling up high with another red dot coming off of it, not worth posting haha.

I should have thought to dump those JSOWs from the get go, then I would have been able to catch you.

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Creeper on his way to join me in the War Crimes Dept....
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Unknow Mi24 shutdown and fire:

Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

DCS forum response to my asking about this said that I likely overstressed my engines. I can definitely see that. Going heavy and close to max speed for 15 min would surely but a strain on the engines.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Interesting... I was 97% the whole way back and I had no issues in the Apache.

Ivan the engineer needs to stay away from the happy syrup when designing military equipment.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Dug some more. Turns out it was due to icing and now I know what engine ice switches to flip in the future.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Recall that in the Tacview it showed you chugging along FDH along then boop, you spiraled down and crashed. There was an enemy unit in front of you but it didn't engage.

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Cr33p3r wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 04:15
Dug some more. Turns out it was due to icing and now I know what engine ice switches to flip in the future.
Interesting.... good to know, eh. Probably need to turn it on every mission this campaign. We're in early Jan.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Possibly. Its reduces engine power 20% though and that's quite a hit. I will add it to my checklist though for next time. I'm pretty sure frozen valves is what caused the overheat and fire. Nothing thaws a frozen helo like fire.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Mon night training videos:

My UH-1 with the side gunner shooting while he's in flames

Hammer's cluster runs:
Bones

Post by Bones »

Creeper doing Donuts

v6,
boNes