Screenshots / Videos

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Re: Screenshots / Videos

Post by Trichome »

First successful landing....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Well done! I found the trick is to keep an eye on their vertical speed and don't let it drop too fast. Keep it just below zero and ease into the landing. Let's slight adjustments. I'm still not 100% confident in my landings.
Bones

Post by Bones »

And remember a rolling landing is OK! That's why they put wheels on the Apache not skids.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Cr33p3r wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 04:18
Well done! I found the trick is to keep an eye on their vertical speed and don't let it drop too fast. Keep it just below zero and ease into the landing. Let's slight adjustments. I'm still not 100% confident in my landings.
Yeah, just like this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Now that's a really weird way to chock an aircraft!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hey Bones what's the meaning of those letters/symbols on the side above the "74"?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Trichome wrote:
27 Dec 2022, 19:14
Hey Bones what's the meaning of those letters/symbols on the side above the "74"?
These are awards given for ship's efficiency in general and in specific departments/specialties.

The big one is the Battle E. It is the one award that it mist fiercely competed for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Ef ... ness_Award

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thats pretty interesting. Im sure there's pride and bragging right that go along with that too...

Thanks for sharing.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I think we have a chock problem.

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

Just did one of my best hops ever in the F-14. 2v2 F-14 V Mirage2000. I killed both with Sparrow, then met the tanker and took fuel to get 11,000 lbs total, then headed to the boat and did a case I with the most perfect SHB I'd ever done, proceeded to trap and caught the 3 wire with simply an (OK) 3 grade!

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

JSOWs away...
Bones

Post by Bones »

Out for blood
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

XP11 Flight to RJAA (Tokyo) last night. Hand flown approach and landing in the mighty 727! No autoland like those airbuses. The ILS didn't work for some reason so I flew visual. I came down from FL270 in a short distance and overcompensated and ended up too low. Also a bit offcenter

Trichome

Post by Trichome »

That was nice and smooth. So odd to see landing without a bright green HUD in my face.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Nice ending to my Liberation turn tonight
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

very nice. at least nobody rear-ended you.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Xpendable still brought her home..... PDT_Armataz_01_36
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Bones AAR
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Not sure the pics aren't showing. Works when you click on them.
Bones

Post by Bones »

So cool! Thanks! I was looking forward to these because I never get to see what it looks like from the outside.

v6,
boNes