dedicated server

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

dedicated server

Post by Hammer »

i am in the process of removing and reinstalling the dedicated server to see if that fixes the funky issues we have been having. it will be down for a bit, i will post once it is back up.
Helmut
Hammer

Re: dedicated server

Post by Hammer »

OK, server is finally back up. it is running Snowfox, I would appreciate someone connecting if possible and giving it a test drive, maybe just a takeoff and landing.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Oh, I had no idea you had done this until today (01.08.22).

I happened to fly on the server late last night. All seemed fine except that I couldn't penetrate an SA-15 with my Tomcat--dropped a salvo on the target but the SA-15 got me before I could guide the bombs all the way in. I came back with a Hornet and killed it with HARMs in PB mode, then dropped a salvo on the target and killed that too.

One thing I noticed when arming the Hornet (1st slot on the Roosevelt) was that 2 of the hardpoints were actually missing. They were X'd out in the arming window. Now a big deal since as soon as you arm something there it's there, but found that interesting.

Also even though it's Roosevelt, it is set to TACAN 074X. I can't remember what ICLS is set to but whatever it is by default, that is what it was.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the racks may not have been on the hardpoints? are not some type of rack or launcher required on a hardpoint to be able to mount munitions, etc.?

the briefing has the correct freqs, including tacan, etc. or are you finding it is different than what is in the briefing?

i will work on kneeboards as i have time.

is there a different preference for tacan and icls for the carriers? or should i just do some random stuff to keep you guys on your toes? ;)
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I would plan to keep TACAN and ICLS the same associated with the ship. It's not like you're going to go into the mission and adjust these numbers every week. Keep them predictable. Landing is enough of a challenge.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Checked again. Station 2 and 8 were X'd out. Physcially there was no hardpoint on either station. But of course when you request weapons, they go on with the hardpoint. So not a big deal, just odd.

Slot says Stennis, actual boat is TR, TACAN is 74X, ICLS is 4

And you can count out (1) SA-15, (1) SA-8, and (2) Su-27s

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot