For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Updates 020422

Post by Bones »

DSC Update today, about 200 MB

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Updates 020422

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for the heads up. I'll grab it tonight.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

Adjusted AIM-54 terminal guidance, significantly improving AIM-54 overall performance.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

LOL!! That right there is a huge fix personally made for bones. PDT_Armataz_01_14
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Never mind. I just tested them 3 times and they still suck donkeys.

v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 11:22
Never mind. I just tested them 3 times and they still suck donkeys.

v6,
boNes
Yikes. False advertising then I guess.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I dunno...on the forums, alot of people are like, oh hey they work great! But a very small amount of them aren't in agreement. My last test, the Phoenix sailed up over the Fulcrum and dove down behind him after he passed, then climbed up, then down into the water. The Fulcrums weren't even maneuvering. And I launched at high altitude because HB said that the Phoenixes would work better with the thinner air resistance.

See TacView (add ".acmi" to the end of the filename)

v6,
boNes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

server updated. slight mission change to time of day (to show advancing time) and some reduction of red air due to continued attrition.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

OK, after some talks with someone from HB themselves, it appears that I have gotten the Phoenix to work better. It had to do with...and I'm taken aback..by its more accurately modeled real life characteristics.

This has in turn prompted me to change tactics when deploying Phoenix. Grifter, I will email you about this in detail. But it is like when you get used to a flight model then they tweak it to be more real--you have to start all over and adapt to the change. Such is the case in my Phoenix employment. I did the same mission again and killed both Fulcrums without problems on the first try, and on the second, I killed one with the Phoenix and the other Fulcrum trashed it but it gave me the opportunity to merge with him and kill him with the gun.

It will take some getting used to.

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

please make a post about it instead of email if you can, it is interesting.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

OK, I will....just didn't think anyone else would be interested since only Grif and I are Tomcatters.

v6,
boNes