Apache Update Change Log

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Re: Newest Update Change Log

Post by Bones »

I think this is a DCS thing. I have my X56 mini stick assigned to my slew TDC and it works fine. But I do the exact same thing for Apache and like you, it doesn't pick it up. Shouldn't be the case.

After spending a good amount of time mapping keys to the HOTAS, I am of the conclusion that there are way too many functions to keybind to the available buttons, especially hat switches. So I've just put what appear to be most important on for now. As I fly the helo more, I'm add or take things away.

First kills:

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Okay - I figured it out!!
Instead of mapping to HOCAS X-Y axis I had to map the key binds to the Cursor "Up, down, left, right" buttons....

HOCAS and Cursor Controller - Same use different wording. Makes complete sense... Ughhhh. Why not just give me the option to may the same keys under the keyboard column beside HOCAS. Why call it something completely different!!?

Did a couple flight. Just flew around a bit playing with the constant need to trim. I will say I'd take a Case 3 over a Helo landing any day...lol

Link for my X52 profile and the pdf if anyone wants to see how I mapped my keys. Id be curious to see yours if you can share.....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gator

Post by Gator »

If it's anything like a modern h60, pilots fly almost entirely in "autopilot." That is, once you get airborne, you click it into like a stability mode and then you're just clicking a hat to go up and down faster or slower etc. Computer does all the rest. I still need to read the manual, but I'd say learn the AP - it's not cheating.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

The Mirage is actually flown that way (in general) as well.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Apparently there are some desync issues in the Apache while playing MP. Wanted to share incase it comes up for us...

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/295797-wo ... ync-in-mp/
PanzerMeyer

Re: Apache Update Change Log

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I think they should have named the Apache AI pilot "OTTO".
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Trichome wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 16:08
Apparently there are some desync issues in the Apache while playing MP. Wanted to share incase it comes up for us...
I've done one multi-crew flight in the Apache with a friend, and we noticed desync issues as well. I had a Master Caution in the CP/G seat and he had no Master Caution from the pilot seat as an example. Also we had a few things that were weird. Some of the CP/G controls were affecting the pilot displays in a way that shouldn't have been possible. I can't remember exactly. I think I was able to change his HMD mode from the front seat, and you shouldn't be able to do that. At least I don't think so - I could be wrong, however.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Also, supposedly there is a patch coming tomorrow with some hotfixes for a few of the issues.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for that info Xpendable.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Made a change. I setup the TEDAC to work off my XBox Controller in CP/G. I had to download JoyToKey to bind the triggers to keyboard buttons. DCS only sees the triggers as an axis so I wasn't able to bind them to the RGH/LHG Second Detent. Problem solved.....easier for me vs using HOTAS.

https://download.cnet.com/JoyToKey/3000 ... 20348.html

Now if only I could sort out transitions from lift off to flight and flight to hover and land..... For the weapons systems, im getting the hang of them but not enjoying the rockets to much. Its me, not the rockets.....

Making progress though....