Apache Update Change Log

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Apache Update Change Log

Post by Trichome »

I still dont see the update as of the time of this post.... anyone get the update yet?

This is the log though.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... 1.21408.1/
Last edited by Trichome on 22 Mar 2022, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Xpendable

Re: Newest Update Change Log

Post by Xpendable »

I am downloading now. I believe they released AH-64 for early access!
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I checked today around 11:30 AM my time and the patch was not out.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I JUST saw it pop up!!! WOOHOO
Bones

Post by Bones »

Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
v6,
boNes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Update servers are being hammered. My throughput has been in the toilet for the last 25% of the update. Averaging around 10-30 kbits per second
Bones

Post by Bones »

Got it fine via Steam...just sayin'...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Damn it. My DCS is corrupted. It crashes on startup after the patch.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I fixed it. Logged at the logs and saw the MB-338 aircraft mod was causing the crash. I removed the mod and it started up.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Gkad you got it working.

Of course since there are no keybinds and I don't have any set up, I couldn't do too much hahaha

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

server is updating - VERY slow!
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

server is updated. if enough interest i can add the apache in, but for it to be feasible i think i would need to make some mission changes (i.e. the coalition captured an island and use it as a FARP).
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

I think there is no rush...none of us are proficient enough to do the Apache yet. Plus I still love my fast movers!

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

Grifter!

One of the patch updates is that you can switch between pilot and RIO on the fly in MP!

This should be fun!

v6,
boNes
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I saw the pilo/rio switching in the patch notes as well. That's awesome.

I tried to do the gun tutorial for the Apache... it's ridiculous. Just click these 132 buttons in the right sequence and the gun is ready to fire! I think that tutorial is way more complicated than it needs to be. I finally figured out how to fire the gun relatively easily. You to use the weapon action button and push UP for GUN, then you need to toggle off the trigger guard, and then you should be able to pull the trigger and shoot the gun provided what you are looking at with the HMD (monicle) is within the field-of-view of the gun's traversal.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I spent a solid hr setting up my key binds for George / Pilot and C/P Gunner.... I wish I had more hat switches but you get what you get with an X52. I mapped my keys using the video form Wags.
Also have issues with my mini-stic on the X52. I can use it with the TDC in the hornet but for the Apache they only have an X/Y axis option and I cant bind the mini-stic to if some some reason. Ill get it sorted eventually....

I wont get a chance to fly until Saturday night. I updated the Marianna's TTI to include the Apache and sent it to Bones.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Trichome,

Use the mode knob so that you can use the same hat for multiple things. I'm setting Mode 1 for pilot stuff, mode 2 for CP/G stuff, and mode 3 for misc (for instance, the engine power levers).

Xpen,

Yeah, I did the gun tutorial first but without knowing how to get George to fly properly, it's a bust. I got him to fly to the designated waypoint but not to stop, I had to take over and try to get into a hover that he would hold when I switch back to the CP/G seat. Even then we whizzed right by the C-130 that was the bullseye.

Plus, I haven't mapped everything yet, which would make things much easier.

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Bones wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 10:41
Trichome,

Use the mode knob so that you can use the same hat for multiple things. I'm setting Mode 1 for pilot stuff, mode 2 for CP/G stuff, and mode 3 for misc (for instance, the engine power levers).
Good point.
My real issue now is trying to get the below mapped to a AXIS or even keyboard keys.

HOCAS X and Y
RHG Man TRK X and Y

On the x52 the mini-stic doesn't get picked up by DCS. For the F18 I had to assign my mini-stic to "Bands" and setup the "up, down, left, right" arrows. Then mapped those keys to TDC Slew in DCS.

For the Apache it wont take keyboard binds for X and Y Axis and no matter what I change my ministic too - "Bands - X and Y axis or mouse" DCS Still wont pick it up. Im sure Im not the only one and if I Cant sort it out someone probably will. I just need to be patient. and Im not.....