Snowfox mission file update requested

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Xpendable

Snowfox mission file update requested

Post by Xpendable »

The last time I flew an AV-8B off the USS Tarawa, I noticed that I could not change my loadout, severely limiting my ability to leverage the Tarawa. Any chance we can look into that and fix it so I can change my loadout? I know it's possible because I have that ability on a mission file I practice with.

Thanks!
Hammer

Re: Snowfox mission file update requested

Post by Hammer »

you should always have the ability to change it.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i took a look at the file, i see nothing amiss. i did update the liveries and changed the loadout though, in case that does anything.

have you been able to change your loadout at Khasab?
Helmut
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Yes, I can change my loadout at Khasab. I'll log in tonight and see if I change my loadout on the Tarawa.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I just checked. Definitely borked. I can select the weapons I want in the Rearm & Refuel panel, but upon clicking OK, nothing happens, and there is no response from ground crew. I tried both spawns, with engines ON and OFF, with canopy open and closed. It's as if there is no ground crew there. They wouldn't even respond to me asking for chocks.

The loadout that is on these birds is pretty much useless. The jamming pod doesn't do squat, and would rather have the TPOD and laser bombs or JDAM's.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

looks like we spent tonight working through this issue with the mission. let me know if it is messed up after you fly it a bot more, should be good now.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

FYI for others - it looks like the LHA's ground crews will not respond during turns. May or may not apply to other carriers.

in this mission, the LHA was in a continuous turn/circle, it seems it would not got from waypoint 0 to 1, instead it was cycling between 0 and 3. so i added a couple more waypoints and spread them out a bit.
Helmut