Supercarrier New Night Ops

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Supercarrier New Night Ops

Post by Bones »

I gave the night ops a whirl with a quick and very dirty Case III.

Kinda neat. They added some weather effects too...see how it suddenly is raining and how the light hits the rain after the trap. The steam reflects the light and rain and gives an ominous effect. Your burners reflect 2 separate reflections on the wet deck and JBD as you throttle up. When you request launch, they don't just automatically light their wands either. They do it as needed, guess it saves battery.

Afterburner lighting effects:
DCS F-14B Testing New Supercarrier Night Ops 04-28-2022 17-32-34-392_Moment.jpg

CLose-up:
DCS F-14B Testing New Supercarrier Night Ops 04-28-2022 17-32-34-392_Moment(2).jpg

Steam/Rain/Lighting effects:
DCS F-14B Testing New Supercarrier Night Ops 04-28-2022 17-32-34-392_Moment(3).jpg
Also of note, and this is in the old version too but just so you know. Instead of saluting in night ops to signal you are ready to cat, you turn your external lights on. In the old version, if you select "salute" it will turn the lights on and they wil launch you. HEre, you can still do that, or, like I like to do for realism, I just turn them on myself, and then they know to launch me. Their hand signals are a little different too.

I timestamped the video so check it out.

I want to see how they work in the day too, but I primarily was curious about the night.

BTW, after I did the download and install on Steam, then did the mission, nothing changed--it was still the old version. So I did an integrity check and it had to download 5 more files,but it still didn't work. I did a PC reboot and then it was fine. Just so you know in case it doesn't work for you.

Because of that, Hammer at some point maybe set the server to night so one of us can check it works at night before Monday's hops?

Thanks.

v6,
boNes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Re: Supercarrier New Night Ops

Post by Bones »

Here is a quick and dirty test for the Hornet.

Turning on the lights does not signal to the crew that you are ready to launch like it should (and does in the Tomcat).

I also noticed that only the essential deck crew will turn on their wands, then when you are ready to launch, they all do. This is how it is IRL--you don't want to get people confused which wand signals to look at.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Re: Supercarrier New Night Ops

Post by Bones »

Also wanted to add that the burble is definitely there, and way more pronounced than in the Tomcat.

Watch my trap and you'll see I'm there on the ball then right at the ramp, I get dropped down on the deck. I didn't know what hit me then it dawned on me--burble.

v6,
boNes