HUD question

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

HUD question

Post by Trichome »

Hi Everyone,

I've had this issue since I started DCS but it wasn't top of mind considering everything else to learn. Now its bothering me....during CASE3 lately it can be frustrating.

There seems to be a line or divide on the HUD "glass" that breaks up the info/symbology. The line is always there. I took a few screenshots to try and show the issue. Im not sure if its a seat height (in game) issue/some sort of alignment issue or Im just over thinking this...
Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xpendable

Re: HUD question

Post by Xpendable »

I don't see this in my F-18. Maybe it is a seat height thing. Have you tried playing with the seat height position?
Bones

Post by Bones »

The Hornet has 2 glasses, one in front of the other. The line you are seeing is the top of the front HUD glass.

Depending on the elevation of your physical head and the virtual seat height, you will see this line disrupt things in some ways. But like Xpen, I don't really have this problem...I may just be at the right height all the time, or I just tuned it out.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

can seat height be adjusted?
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yes.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I did try to adjust the seat height during my first few days in DCS but just kind of forgot about it because of everything else I was trying to grasp.,

Ill try that for tonight's flight and see if that sorts it out. I'm glad others aren't having the issue. its probably a me thing... Thanks everyone.