South Atlantic Map

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Cr33p3r

South Atlantic Map

Post by Cr33p3r »

haven't taken the plunge yet but read this review on steam:

**Conclusion**The performance of the SA map is completely ridiculous, it is a map that is nearly as empty of structures as the Marianas, as poor texture resolutions as the Caucasus that look slightly better than FSX all while making Syria look like it runs well.

I realize it will be tweaked a lot as more features are added and hopefully things smoothed out but I am holding off for now. i'd rather spend my money on an additional aircraft than an unfinished map. My $0.02.'

Interested to see what others here who purchased it think.
PanzerMeyer

Re: South Atlantic Map

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for this info Creeper. I'll hold off as well. Maybe I'll get it during the inevitable future sale.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Unless everyone here grabs it Im holding off also. I know it has a few extras but I cant justify the $90 CAD price tag at this point.
Last edited by Trichome on 09 Jun 2022, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hellz no. I'll wait for a sale and group interest. Thanks Creeper!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Doesn't Jedi have it?

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
09 Jun 2022, 15:13
Doesn't Jedi have it?

v6,
boNes
Yes I believe so but I haven't asked him about how the performance has been on his system.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

seems way overpriced for a map?
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I've not done too much with it as there were no premade missions for it, just instant action generated.

Today's update has added missions for several planes, the note say which ones. It is by far the largest map in DCS. All of S America from a bit further north of the Falklands to the southern tip. Chile, Argentina, and all the Falklands. Naturally the SE corner is mostly open water, but the Pacific west of Chile is there for a bit. You can't go too far NE of the islands, it's pretty close to that upper right corner, but there is a lot of terrain here.

As it is early access, performance is not optimized and there are only a few airfields completed, but that's not very different from how the other terrains from NTTR to Syria have been.

I got it because I want to support more terrain development and even in the current state it's nice enough to fly around in. My PC doesn't have any real issues but I don't use VR and my rig is pretty good now.
The Jedi Master
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Thanks for the update. I will probably get it eventually. Especially now that I have a harrier.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i would be tempted as well since I also have the Harrier, but not at the price it is listed for.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Nope, no sale on South Atlantic. Still that stupidly high price of $69.99

Creeper you should get NNTR.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Bones wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 00:47
Nope, no sale on South Atlantic. Still that stupidly high price of $69.99
89.99 CDN on my end..... a bit much for a map and a few extras in my opinion