Great videos for WVR Comms and Theory

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

Great videos for WVR Comms and Theory

Post by Grifter »

I've stickied this post as it should prove a great resource, and I want people to be able to reference it when needed.

This is a great video for comms discipline during a dogfight. We should strive to adopt this type of comms in a fight so that we're more effective. Time is the biggest enemy in a dogfight. The faster you prosecute a bandit, the more likely your element will survive.

Comms Discipline ACM

This video does a nice job explaining one circle vs two circle fights, which is the basis for all dogfighting theory.

I'll add more vids to this thread as I come across them.

Grif
Trichome

Re: Great videos for WVR Comms and Theory

Post by Trichome »

That was a pretty good video. Another to add to the BFM playlist on YouTube. Ill be watching it a few times.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

PDT_Armataz_01_37
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I watched some of this. Very informative. I found some pretty good vids on Helicopter CAS radio calls.

2:43 has the CAS call checklist.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Sweet! Thanks, Creeper. I'll watch it next time I'm on the elliptical. :-)
Bones

Post by Bones »

Here's another one. I don't agree with all of it but most of it makes common sense:

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Wingnuts

Post by Wingnuts »

boNes, this video really spoke to me and improved my performance. We all have different approaches and different hammers to drive the nail home, but this one rang in my head. Good find
Wingy
Bones

Post by Bones »

Wingnuts wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 14:38
boNes, this video really spoke to me and improved my performance. We all have different approaches and different hammers to drive the nail home, but this one rang in my head. Good find
Wingy
Which video do you mean?

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot