Syria - Tripoint Hostility - Liberation

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Syria - Tripoint Hostility - Liberation

Post by Trichome »

Okay I hope to have made some strides in getting this setup correctly.

Map: Syria
Campaign: Tripoint Hostility
The faction is listed as RLG 2020 but the setting posted below show the setting for time period weapons have been applied but it may not be accurate. Its a WIP.

Back Story - slightly amended by me:
In an alternate 1990, Iraq has seen a Russian backed coup place, the removal of Saddam Hussein and a hardline national fundamentalist movement brought to power, who have ejected US forces from the country under threat from newfound Russian allies. With their confidence unchecked, Iraq Hardliners (backed by Russia) have invaded their Jordanian and Syrian neighbors to the west, pushing nearly to the Israeli border.

To keep the region from falling to chaos, the US has redeployed a task force from Europe to defend Jordan and bring down Iraq's Russian backed Air Force.

In the map posted below the purple line represents a point we probably shouldn't pass to ensure we can keep CAP over the Base and the 2 FOBS circles in green.....

Cheers everyone and feedback is 100% welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanzerMeyer

Re: Syria - Tripoint Hostility - Liberation

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Great missions last night and thank you for all your hard work Trichome and Creeper!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Glad you enjoyed it. Trichome gets 99.9% of the credit. i only offered information. he gets all the glory!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hey guys Im really sorry I had to bail so quick yesterday. Nothing bad but I had to run and get the wife because her ride bailed on her.

Happy Wife, Happy life....lol...

Im glad you guys enjoyed it and Im curious to see what the number are. You guys were killing it in the Helos when I left. I also could probably not devote so many flight to player slots so we have more AI flying and supporting. We can discuss......
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hi Everyone.....

We took a bit of a hit in the air on this one but all you mud movers did a good job.

FOB Thal'lal:
We pushed the front line a bit forward
We lost both Mi24s so we wont have any (2) until the next turn
Enemy suffered lots of losses near here
Set to "Aggressive" - Im thinking after this turn to change it to "Breakout" ???

FOB Stalwart:
We had a steady frontline
All helos still available. I was going to set those to AI with fighter support so we can focus on the North FOB (Tha'lal) until we capture the first airfield (Thoughts???)
Set to "Defensive"

-I have set a transfer request to move some ground forces from King Hussein Air College to FOB Tha'lal and FOB Stalwart to reinforce our front lines due to the losses on the last turn. I have purchased more equipment for the next turn
-Im going to leave more AI flights assigned so we can get additional support.
-Creeper - can you confirm how many Hinds you lost? I only purchased 4. The AAR says we lost 3 but Im still showing 2 available at FOB Stalwart....
-Missions are set to 90 min so that maybe why it seemed after 75 ish minutes the Enemy air seemed to stop
-Coalition AI is "Excellent" and Enemy AI is "Good" Should I change that to "Average" to try and help offset the number of enemy planes?
-Can anyone think of a way we can discuss and make the purchase/transfer/strategic decisions as a group or should I just run with it and see how it goes for this campaign? My military experience is zero.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Looking forward to flying it Wednesday night! Any update on the enemy air force numbers issue?
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I lost 2 on the north front and one on the east front. RTB seems to be essential I believe to keep aircraft in the hangar.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Cr33p3r wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 07:15
I lost 2 on the north front and one on the east front. RTB seems to be essential I believe to keep aircraft in the hangar.
Okay that makes sense then....

Grifter - Im juts finishing up the flights. Then Ill go in ME and see what I can figure out about amending enemy flights
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

work on enemy flights in Liberation as well.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 19:28
Hi Everyone.....

We took a bit of a hit in the air on this one but all you mud movers did a good job.

I see 3 MI-24's were lost. Tsk...tsk. Now who could have been responsible for that? PDT_Armataz_01_28
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Hey now! Napoleon was shot off of 18 horses in his military career because he rode up front where the troops were. PDT_Armataz_01_36
Bones

Post by Bones »

Cr33p3r wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 17:58
Hey now! Napoleon was shot off of 18 horses in his military career because he rode up front where the troops were. PDT_Armataz_01_36
Sure, but he finished the Iggy Piggy. What's your excuse?

haha

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

All setup for turn 2....

The southern part of the front line is setup as AI only. Some player CAP or Fighter sweep flights will cover this area too (and the North FOB Tha'lal).
No Mi24s at Tha'lal only at Stalwart in the south. (AI)

I personally think we should focus players on the North FOB Tha'lal so we can push that front line back towards the enemy.

There is an F16 DEAD (KOMODO) flight setup with Harms. Harm codes should be on the kneeboard. Its an SA-19 Grison (Tung) (Harm PB code 120)
There is an F18 DEAD (COELACANTH) flight setup with Harms. Harm codes should be on the kneeboard. Its an SA-8 Osa (Harm PB code 117)
The intention is to get rid of that threat circles near Tha'lal.

Lets try and plan a bit before we head off and please use the radio menu to request taxi and takeoff - we want to make sure we are taking off from the right runway so we dont smash into each other or the AI flights leaving.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Great session last night!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I attached the Debrief / AAR / TacView Summary reports for Turn 2 below.

I went through the whole Tacview file summary and made a listed of all the PLAYER slots that had a "DESTROYED" notation beside it. I did not include the and shots fired that were a "hit"

There are some clear discrepancies so between the 2 files it looks as though we hit destroyed more targets that are listed on either the AAR or the Debrief.

Example - Tacview shows Creeper "destroyed" 2 apaches (the ones we were in) but the AAR only says 1 Apache was destroyed.
Example - Panzer made a whole bunch of kills I can see in the Tacview file but it is not listed under the destroyed Russian ground units in the Debrief. it only shows the "convoy kills" Creeper and I did at the end of the map. In the AAR is says 16Ground Units - It does not give the breakdown.

You would think if it knows 16 Enemy ground units were destroyed it would show that number spread between USA and Russia figures on the debrief....

Its a lot of work to go through everything after every missions. Its 1hr45min per file..... so going forward if its okay with everyone well take the Debrief / AAR and Ill do a Tacview summary and figure the truth is somewhere in the middle...

I will say watching the Tacview back was pretty cool to see what everyone was doing. The Convoy attack at the end by Creeper any myself was great. We alternated our runs on target and caused some heavy damage. We also would not have been able to do that in the SA8 threat ring had Grifter not hit it with HARMS.... We might not have coordinated that but it worked out great.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Great info! Yes strange it shows in Turn 2 destroyed stats above 3 AH64's going down. We did however have damage so I wonder if that counted as a destroyed aircraft when we RTB. Also I see I seem to be getting credit for the ground Mig29 kills even though I was just flying and you were the gunner.

Thanks for all the time you put in! I would not recommend you spend all that time dissecting each mission. It sound very time consuming. the after action reports you can generate are perfect, even if not totally accurate. We know they're not accurate now so I won't focus on getting blamed for getting shot down when this didn't happen.

I have to look up tacview. Are you using the free version or did you buy one of the licenses? It appears some versions show some info beyond the 21 day period but not all. I've never used it and probably better for another thread in the RLG forum.

Also, i have been practicing in the AH64 so my stats should improve. :)
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Creeper - there was no AH64D slot in the Tacview summary that had my name. IT seems as though Taview only recognizes the Pilot and not the CPG. There was another line that said "Pilot 2 " that had a whole bunch of Mig hits (with the gun) but because it didn't have my name and nothing was listed as destroyed I did not include it.

I use the free version of Tacview I got off Steam. I just double click the file and it opens Tacview automatically. I am limited on some features but its enough for what we need it for.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Thanks for the clarification. I need to change my username to "Trichome's Pilot".

I'll look into tacview on steam.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I *think* in aircraft with multi-crew the kill credits all go to the pilot. Grifter or Bones can confirm that maybe.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hammer wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 11:57
I *think* in aircraft with multi-crew the kill credits all go to the pilot. Grifter or Bones can confirm that maybe.
That must be the case. I dont see me listed on any of the lines that show "AH-64D"