Syria - Tripoint Hostility - Liberation

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Re: Syria - Tripoint Hostility - Liberation

Post by Trichome »

Hi Everyone,

Turn 3 is ready to go. Below is the Intel, map overview with flight plans and available player flights. I tried to give everyone 2 flights at least. Im trying to get better at having reserves. Example, I'm keeping 1 HIND back for the next turn so we dont lose them all and Creeper wont have the option next turn.

WE CAPTURED A BASE!! - Khalkhalah
We aren't able to purchase planes for this base yet. This turn should solidify the capture once the ground forces move into the airbase proper and eliminate the ground forces. (see link for the Liberation Wiki page) - https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_l ... se-Capture

FOB Stalwart and FOB Tha'lal Defense set to: Elimination
(see link for the Liberation Wiki page) - https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_l ... es-Stances

I think we should focus on these missions first.

IMPALA - SA11 - F16 and F14
WOLFHOUND - EWR - F18
COELACANTH - SA8 - F16 and F14
TANG - ZSU 23-4 - AV8B

They there are some Helo and Su-25T (@ FOB Stalwart) missions to attack the front lines also. We will now focus on the SOUTH frontline (Stalwart) and let the AI handle the NORTH (Tha'lal) for the most part. Please try to NOT destroy enemy infrastructure. Once we take it over the income becomes ours.

If anyone has any input please fire away....

Happy Hunting.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

This is awesome! Thanks for the update and I love the battle plans. I like the option of the AH64 or the Mi24 so happy to see both those there and ready.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Looks like fun. I'm not sure I'll be able to fly tonight. I'm going to be away from home for almost 48 hours starting Thursday for a Hackathon (Burger Hack 2022) as a team mentor for 4 teams. That means I get to arrive at work at 8am tomorrow and not come back home until Friday afternoon. Anyway, I might need to spend some more time with my family especially since the wife and kids are going to fly out to Florida next week with her sister and our nieces for a surprise trip to Disney. But that means I should have no issues flying next Wednesday as it'll just be me! I won't be able to fly on Monday because I have to drop the family off at the airport right during training night.

On a side note, it's a bit late to be mentioning this, but last week I did the AV-8B strike mission which was to attack some tanks. There were 2 AI units in my flight and I was not flight lead. I was 1-3. They took off in front of me and I followed them to the target. The 3 of us dropped bombs on the closely clustered tanks. Unfortunately, the AI and I dropped on all the same targets and the AI killed them all before my bombs landed. I don't mind that at all, I consider my drop a "double-tap" to confirm no survivors. :) I don't know what happened to my AI brethren, but I don't recall them actually flying home. Not sure where they went. I continued on home, and even backed the Harrier into the originating hangar.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

You know what that means right guys? Keg party at Xpendable's place next Wednesday!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Xpen,
I just watched the Tacview file back and SAWFISH 1-1 and 1-2 circled the target zone about 5/6 times. 1-1 appears to have crashed on circle 6 and 1-2 crashed on approach to the runway... I assume they ran out of gas. Weird. The debriefing for the turn doesn't show any Harriers down and I was able to choose them again on Turn 3....Maybe because they weren't actually shot down. (making an assumption)
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Please see the screenshots

FOB Stalwart - set to ELIMINATION
FOB Tha'lal - set to DEFENSIVE

All of us should have 2 flights to choose from. I tried to have more AI this time around and mostly doing fighter sweeps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

this the the after mission info....
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

We are starting over with the amended multiplier and enemy budget.

I hope this helps....(ITs all turn 3 even though 1 is titled turn 1)
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Great fun last night! If Xpen had been on, he would have been pleased with the changes. I felt like there were almost not enough enemy air assets. However, the ground manpads and SAM's did do some damage. I feel its much more balanced and had a fun (and successful) time. Loving the Mi24 and didn't get shot down because I was careful.

I changed my tactics. Instead of flying over the enemy, i'd break off before they could get me. Whereas the AH64 can over in the distance and pick off enemies with hellfires from a long distance, the Mi24 follows this type of attack and I've been trying to employ it:
from mi24 translated doc.JPG
I'm finding that learning HOW to attack with a specific aircraft can make quite a difference since they're all different. I'm limited to 4nm with the ATGM's and can only hit 2-3 targets before having to turn and come back. Its also nice that there are no indestructible trees for the enemies to hide behind. Got some in-cockpit video I will post later.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

that flight pattern is exactly what we trained on in the cold war to learn how to engage HINDs in their attack pattern.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Although it seems like we took more than a few hits, we really pushed the front line forward. Im making another turn for Wednesday and I'll post the updated map.

I could leave checked - Never Delay Player Flights -
Should I uncheck - ASAP - so all the flights (AI) dont spawn up at mission start??
The player will still be able to spawn in and leave or wait for their flight to spawn in when the time comes. (Kneeboard Takeoff Time) AI will spawn in for their mission time.

'From Liberation Wiki:

To prevent player flights from being delayed, use the "Never delay player flights" option in the campaign settings. This does not alter your mission time. It only lets you sit in a cockpit while you wait.

When planning a mission, if you do not care specifically when the package reaches the target but instead want to plan the mission to begin as soon as possible, use the "ASAP" button next to the TOT in the package UI.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

should probably leave ASAP checked.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hammer wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 17:31
should probably leave ASAP checked.
Just out of curiosity why do you recommend that? I appreciate the reply just hoping to understand the why.

My thinking was -
With ASAP checked ALL flights leave ASAP. Player (when ready) and AI. This has leads to congested runways and all our flights being done earlier that the allotted 90 minutes for the mission.
With ASAP uncheck all player flights will still be able to take off at anytime but if any AI flights are planned they would NOT T/O until their allotted T/O time.

I could amend the flight so AI and player flights are NOT mixed? This way AI packages would be complete and not missing any player flights that took off early.
If I leave the flights mixed All elements of the flight would still be intact they would just be potentially short 1 player flight. i.e. the player flight is always the wingman not the lead. So lead AI will still be with the package they'd just be short the "player" wingman.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I was thinking it applies ONLY to play flights.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Turn 4 Info
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Awesome event last night. I did get some vids and will post this evening or weekend. I got a very good tacview of all the coordinated CAS Panzer and I did on the east front.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

You guys were killing it last night.....

I got my bro George to finally cooperate..... I'm looking forward to next Wednesday
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Turn 4 results
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

The numbers are def off just based on what Panzer and Creeper did but the front line has moved quite a bit.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Yes something is definitely messed up. Ground units lost at objective areas = 35??? apparently did not pick up loss of AH64 either. We're almost to that eastern FARP.