Syria - Tripoint Hostility - Liberation

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Cr33p3r

Re: Syria - Tripoint Hostility - Liberation

Post by Cr33p3r »

We already saw it. It was just ok. I liked the first one better and Wakanda Forever was massivly predictable. i liked Black Adam much better.

Actually seeing The Glass Onion. Loved Knives out so this should be great.

I will miss you all. I'm off today so i do plan on some Mi24 practice and the Steam sale has me itching to take out my credit card hahah.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ah yes, I'll catch "Glass Onion" at home when it's out on streaming. "Knives Out" was indeed very good.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Have fun Creeper! Im going to leave the Hinds in anyways incase.

We are on turn 9. I "played" turn 8 to ferry around helos to new FOBs.
Defense lines are set to Breakthrough

Early missions are:
Herring - SEAD - Jedi and support (F18/F14b)
Tiger - STRIKE - Xpen and Support (F14b/M2000)
Frontline H4/Eadla - CAS / TARCAP - Everyone

Later Missions are:
Cougar - SEAD - Jedi and support (F14b / F18)
Gorilla - STRIKE - Xpen and support (F16/F14b/M2000)
FOB Dhirae/Ketaf - CAS / TARCAP - Everyone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

The map has certainly moved forward on both fronts... well done everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

For this week Im trying something new.... Let me know what you think.

This was planned under the assumption the usual players will be around. If not we can adjust.... Im going to setup groups that will either do planned mission (STRIKE/SEAD) or CAS/TARCAP. I paired you guys up. Grifter and Jedi have 2 flights together and Xpen and Bones have 2 flights together. The rest of us will be attacking the southern front and I have AI working the northern front this turn.

1st Flight - FERRET - SA9s + Trucks
DEAD
Jedi - F16 and Grifter - F18

2nd Flight - CORAL - EWR (Deep Strike)
STRIKE
Jedi - F16 and Grifter - F18

1st Flight - SARDINE - ZSU23s
STRIKE
Xpen - Av8b
TARCAP
Bones - F14b
(+ Extra F18 if needed)

2nd Flight - HAWK - Ammunition Depots
STRIKE
Xpen - Av8b
FIGHTER SWEEP
Grifter - F18

1st Flight - CAS FOB EADLA/RUWAYSHID - Many ground targets and enemy air expected
Trichome - AH64
Creeper - Mi24
Panzer - Su25
TARCAP
Hammer - M2000 - (Hammer may be the only one listed in this flight for A2A but its assumed Bones/Grifter/Jedi will still be up in the area on their mission still)
(+ Extra F14bs / F16s / F18s if needed)

Im going to post the flight plan for each flight mentioned above. Each plane within the flight may have slightly different waypoints but this will give you an idea of your area of operation. (i.e the Mi24 and AH64 have the same destination but the waypoints may be a tad different in their location. Grifter on Fighter sweep will be different from Xpen on the strike portion of the same flight.....)
Last edited by Trichome on 29 Nov 2022, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Ferret and Coral
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Sardine and Hawk
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

FOB Eadla/Ruwayshid HAMMER - TARCAP
FOB Eadla/Ruwayshid CAS Flights
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hey guys....

Made some decent progress even though we were missing a few pilots. I would assume another 3ish turns if we make a real hard push and we could be done with this campaign.

Move onto Liberation 6.0
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Current map state
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Current map state
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Time is 10AM
Clear skies

Hopefully we can do a big push to take the closest airfield Ruwayshid. We can then move 24 aircraft closer to this airfield.

Flight descriptions are the same as last week..... hope it helps!
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll see you guys tonight!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hey guys...

I dont think we'll have a liberation flight tonight.

Im getting a few errors. Im also not getting the ability to choose planes which I know are available. I tried starting all over 3 times and saving after every flight I create but I still end up just losing some flight.

Example I cannot select ANY SU25ts to fly let alone set to "player" - but I know the are parked at Runwayshid AirBase. Im choosing CAS and Im getting the B1 as an option... weird....

I just dont have the time or patience this week to try and start all over again and we're supposed to play in 5 hours. If I do manage to sort it out Ill flip the file to Hammer but I dont finish work until 6 so its going to be tight....

Sorry guys....
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

No matter what I try and also get this error....
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

This probably won't be much help, but that error means some value of an array (list of items) points to a non-existant entry. For example, let's say a list had 10 items, and you want to get the value of the 11th item... You would get an index error because there is no 11th item. In this case it seems to be referring to a list of runways. I think it is trying to set the active runway for AI planes to a runway that doesn't exist in the list.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I think that error has to do with the fact that we took over an air base and now are trying to launch missions from it. I have seen something similar somewhere before but I can't recall where. I get some kind of similar error with the MI24 when I try to edit the load out because it doesn't recognize the side gunner. It's like it is missing information. I guess what I'm saying is exactly what expendable just said haha
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

We can try and post this error on the liberation discord and see if anyone has an idea.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Xpendable wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 15:48
This probably won't be much help, but that error means some value of an array (list of items) points to a non-existant entry. For example, let's say a list had 10 items, and you want to get the value of the 11th item... You would get an index error because there is no 11th item. In this case it seems to be referring to a list of runways. I think it is trying to set the active runway for AI planes to a runway that doesn't exist in the list.

So I think m=the issue was - and it touches on Xpens example - On Turn 14 I did ferry's to the nearest air base. You have to move the whole squadron but the hornets had 11 planes and I only had 9 slots so I subtracted 2 from the inventory on the same turn I setup the ferry on... I think that messed things up. Liberation didnt subtract the 2 and move the hornets at the same time.

I went back to turn 14 and didnt move the hornets and I didnt get that error for our turn 15 mission. And I was only getting it on flights with the hornets.

The other weird things is I wasn't able to select certain aircraft form the list even though the inventory showed they were available. Going back to turn 14 fixed that too. They were goign to teh same base so I think that just messed everything up.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

16 was a FERRY turn.....

This should be the last push.... Norther line is set to breakthrough and the South is elimination.

B1s and B52s have all been given strike missions..... There are still a few Migs around based on the map stats.