Syria - Tripoint Hostility - Liberation

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Re: Syria - Tripoint Hostility - Liberation

Post by Trichome »

The 35 I can see being correct if it takes into account ALL (ours and the enemy) ground units... but im guessing. You guys really turned the meat grinder on that turn.

I lost an Apache and I noticed its not listed.... I would hope the numbers would makes more sense but Im enjoying flying this campaign with you guys. I dont want to start over - again - and Liberation 6.0 will be out soon. Hopefully we get lucky and time the end of this one with the release of 6.0... (fingers crossed)
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Highlighted in Yellow are the EARLY flights.

Lets take those first. We can discuss before we join the server.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Awesomeness. What is front line stance?
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Updates for Turn 5 are below...

We took a few air losses but we def big damage to their ground elements. Also attached Intel showing number of enemy aircraft left on this turn.

I "skipped" turn 6 in order to ferry our squadrons to Kalkhalal Base. I left the F15C and F15Es at Hussein and I am UNABLE (not sure why) to ferry the Mirage 2000s, AV8Bs and the A10 Suite 7s to any other base. You can land during the mission wherever you want to rearm or end your mission but I cannot set your home base to anything else (Sorry). Hopefully 6.0 fixes this.

So we are on Turn 7. Helos and planes have been moved as closed to the front line as possible.

Stance:

Kalkhalal - Breakthrough (they may advance upto 35KM)
Qaled - Breakthrough (they may advance upto 35KM)

*Elimination only moves them upto 15KM

Let me know what you guys think....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Hopefully the pentagon will recognize the success and survivability of the Mi24's in this campaign when it comes to funding next years budget! :)

As for the next mission miz file, you could go in and edit, prior to launching on Wed night in the DCS editor, and move the M2000 and AV8Bs to the more forward airfield so they are there when the server mission starts.

Looks great so far. Can't wait to jump back into the battle on Wed evening! I may take the opportunity tonight to practice in the UH1 a bit. Its been quite challenging.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Since you are flying the UH-1, I had this idea that I floated a while back but we had no rotorheads to make it work.

What, if for realism, if a pilot gets shot down and ejects, this then opens up a new pop up mission: CSAR. The helos go in to get him, and the other available assets (fast movers) can provide cover for the helos. Then the helo of course has to make it back to the FARP/airbase/carrier as well.

The player cannot respawn in the same aircraft unless he is rescued. He is considered rescued if he successfully ejects and lands, and a UH-1 or I guess Mi-24 comes and picks him up, or if he lands reasonably close to friendly lines. Of course no one wants to wait in real life when they should be playing the sim. So how about this? If you are shot down and don't want to wait to get rescued, then you can respawn but in something else. Heck, maybe you can cover your own rescue! But you cannot respawn into the same aircraft you were shot down in until your original pilot is rescued for that session. Of course you can do some other duty instead like GCI or something.

Just a thought that might make it more interesting and realistic. And would only be in effect if an appropriate helo was in play.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I have looked into this. Its a script that runs (Lua) in the mission file but I haven't learned the specifics or how to implement it into a file yet. I love the idea except if I try to fly out to rescue the pilot in the UH1, there will likely be two downed pilots needing rescue hahahaha.

Thankfully, the Mi8 (and Mi24) can be used for troop transport for just this purpose and I "can" successfully land those in the field. I think only the AH64 and KA50 do NOT have personnel transport abilities from the available helos in DCS.

Also, Liberation does have an ability (using scripting) for helos to bring troops and drop off to support capturing an airfield or FARP but again, haven't gotten that far in the weeds with it yet.
Bones

Post by Bones »

You can use the AH-64 for picking up a pilot. He just has to sit in the pilot or CP/G's lap!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Sounds cozy oh friend of friends! ....what's everybody looking at?????????
Bones

Post by Bones »

Cr33p3r wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:39
Sounds cozy oh friend of friends! ....what's everybody looking at?????????

Nothing!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Turn 7

Intel
Map
Player Flights - Yellow flights are first.

Time amended to 1600hrs instead of 1700 hrs.... Be nice to have some shadows and depth vs all these 1300hr flights.
Defense at both FOBS is Breakthrough

All planes expect for the AI F15s have been moved to Klakalaka airfield. Closer to the Northern Front line.

Keep an eye out 30 min in - we may have a surprise group of friendlies showing up (as long as I did the waypoints right this week)....
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Can't wait!
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Remember to bill Jedi for destroying that friendly Hawk launcher.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Well I destroyed zero enemies so I'd rather come out even than -1 score for hitting a friendly.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Still miffed at Jester at that mission. Trichome, we would have killed that EW site but I have no idea what was up with Jester. I reviewed the video and I did everything right. I even flew a separate mission with the same target and did the same thing and he hit it just fine. So I don't know why he refused to lock the target Wed night. It really bothers me.

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Darn Jester....

Anyway you can eject him when he doesnt do as needed?
Bones

Post by Bones »

I wish!

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

We took over FOB Dhirae and K4..... Moving forward. Good job everyone.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Turns out I will be going to a movie with my oldest and youngest Wed night so I won't be on. Trichome and George will have to do the tank busting for me. Sorry to miss it but trying to fit this in between their work schedules.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Have fun Creeper! I assume you guys will be watching Black Panther?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen