Monday Night Training Plans

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Cr33p3r

Monday Night Training Plans

Post by Cr33p3r »

I didn't really say much last night but did want to share some thoughts. i think a bit more formal training would be good. I agree we don't want to be milsim rigid but I personally intend to work on educating myself with comms. The more I'm in DCS the more I'm attracted to the mud movers or SEAD/DEAD roles. A/A is fun but not as much my thing as hitting ground targets F18/AV8b/Helos. However, i can definitely improve my comms and formation flying in a group and would be great to practice this more on Mondays. I think we can definitely benefit by someone taking the lead to direct what forces we will be using ahead of time in the upcoming map. i don't mind being in a helo one week and aircraft the next week.

Really the helicopters have drawn my interest more and more so that's where I'm most comfortable and interested in improving my skills, both flying and comms. Frankly, every mission when I'm in a helo I just try not to crash. I'm on the edge of my seat every flight so that's probably why you all hear a narrative as I'm in the cockpit in-game ha ha. For someone that started flight simming seriously in 2002, helos are a whole new world to me that DCS has opened up.

I really appreciate Grifter and Bones being willing to put some time in to develop a syllabus. i'm comfortable in the F18 and in the past, we have successfully formed up for an attack as a group a few times when we've wanted to. I agree some more coordination will contribute to our success. Even if I'm in a helo, the attacks need to be coordinated with the air cover. last Wed we didn't really coordinate between A2A and A2G and I probably should have worked with Panzer more on the ground targets. The attack theories for Ka50 and Mi24 are vastly different but I could have coordinated better with him.

Still learning and wanting to learn and this is a great group. Thanks to Bones for inviting me and I continuously enjoy getting to know you all better.