MOOSE

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

MOOSE

Post by Bones »

I remember we touched upon dynamic campaigns via MOOSE but don't recall what the nuances were. Here is a typial campaign, for instance:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/218813-sp ... ian-power/

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Re: MOOSE

Post by Grifter »

I will take a look when I have a chance. :-)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Surrexen's missions use MOOSE, but he has also customized the MOOSE script for his missions.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Recluse, whom some of you may have remembered stopped by to observe us play a while back, has been flying in the Persian Power/Vegas Power etc MOOSE missions. He says it's fun for them but maybe not as challenging for us tactically. I however, think that we are really at the moment wanting it to be fun at the moment, and we can still make it tactical on our own.

Here is his continued take on it:
- At the beginning of a campaign there is lots of enemy air and SAMS. Once you attrit the SAMS (and the AI are always flying sorties as well), you can waltz in and start killing ground targets. The AI is also flying sorties against them.

- At the beginning of each MISSION, there is a fair amount of enemy air, but once you knock them down with the aid of the AI CAP, they don't seem to spawn any more, so you can work over the AG targets without much opposition.

- When all the ground targets around an airbase are destroyed, the Airbase is considered out of action and no more enemy air will spawn from that base.

- There is some tweaking possible as far as missions and AI ability, to make the enemy better and to make the friendlies worse so the humans have to do a larger part.

-The Client Aircraft are in the stock mission are also individuals,so I added a few WINGS of F/A-18's in both missions (to carriers and land bases) so we could make use of the full DataLink for Wing Members.
v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

I've been tentatively invited to fly on that MOOSE server. If I am allowed to and can, it will give me a good idea what it's like and/if it can be done for our purposes.

v6,
boNes