New Beta 10.28.22

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

New Beta 10.28.22

Post by Bones »

So I just tried the new patch in BFM. WE may have some issues in our mission nights. The bandits are much smarter when flying BFM. I see them trying to force one or two circle fights with you depending on what aircraft they are in, and they don't just do sustained loops and turns anymore, they really aggressively attack and defend, trying to turn to get angles on you.

So if you found BFM frustrating it just literally got real...

Better get back to the basics and train train train!

v6,
boNes

PS Testing "new" Phoenixes next...
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Re: New Beta 10.28.22

Post by Bones »

Also, environmental graphics improved! AT one point the sun hit my canopy a certain way that I had an iridescent spot on the canopy that faded as I turned, and the sun was reflected off of my gauges with glass faces. It was pretty neat. The clouds look more realistic too, beware of dogfighting in them--they get very dense. At one point I was in the soup and everything around me was a dark blue and if it weren't for my attitude indicator I would have total spatial disorientation!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Here is the BFM test, 1v1 Su-27 guns only :

Here is 2v2MiG-29 SARH and IR missiles only:

Here is 2v2MiG-29 Phoenix/Sparrow/Sidewinder Test. Note the AI smartly defending against missile attacks and looking for opportunities to counterattack:

Here is 2V2MiG-29 Phoenix Missile Test. I fired at my usual optimal state: High altitude, high speed, with AIM-54C which has shorter burn time but better countermeasure resistance, at 30 nm to keep a high PK. They appear to be working "normally" now.

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I get this is Beta and Early Access but I wish they posted a list of issues based on the last updates...

Like "Screwed up now due to recent updated - change log" - Last week i got into a Apache and instantly rudder was pinned to the left and based on the change log that was a known issue. Only to some apparently unless you search the ED forums daily... I get its EA or Beta but its no less frustrating. FLIR over exposure. Same thing....

Love DCS and Im sure its very complicated but some heads up would be nice. You sure hear about their sales on every channel. Rant over.... thanks...lol
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Those are some pretty awesome dogfighting skills Bones.....
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

server is updated.

i have discovered previously that if you update and something does not work as expected, go for a very details read of the change logs. sometimes even the ED change log will not cut it if you have a 3rd party module - you have to go hunt that one down.
Helmut