Xpen - saw this and thought of you....

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Xpen - saw this and thought of you....

Post by Trichome »

Looks pretty neat. Not sure if its something you're aware of or use.

DCS and Leap Motion good news

Xpendable

Re: Xpen - saw this and thought of you....

Post by Xpendable »

Thanks. I am aware of the Leap Motion (I don't have it) and did not know they added the ability to toggle the hands on and off individually. The only downside to Leap Motion is there is no tactile feedback. With my sim cockpit I will have the tactile feedback because the switches, knobs, and buttons will all be physically there (and will work with and without VR). Of course I can't see my hands but you get used that quickly. The best of both worlds would be VR with hand and finger tracking and physical, tactile controls. Or a mixed reality hybrid which some people are working on and have POC's going. This requires cameras to feed live video to a post processor, and a special image mask that removes the cockpit graphics and let's the video feed show through. It's pretty rough right now but will get better with time I think.
Trichome

Re: Xpen - saw this and thought of you....

Post by Trichome »

I guess that would be a big thing... being able to "feel" the buttons or have some type of feedback. That's a game changer for sure. Nice to hear its in the works.

Makes sense you wouldn't need it once your cockpit is done. I hadn't thought of that.