F18 Jamming

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

F18 Jamming

Post by Trichome »

I saw this on reddit and wanted to get your opinions....

I dont recall us ever trying to use this tactic....wonder if its worth a try on a Monday session

F18 ECM jammer - when do you use it?

You can use it as a group e.g

The jammer will disable your radar and btw your a big target in A2A combat to the right bandit if you got it on BUT
your jammer is so powerful if you have a wingman very close u can actually cover him up and he can't be detected.
So on enemy radar there's 1 bandit. But there could be 2 to 3 good effective way to suprise attack some one
But a j-17 and a F14 can shoot u down from such a long range because of this.

So be careful using it not sure why it doesn't work against them I just no they will **** you if u do
Bones

Re: F18 Jamming

Post by Bones »

I use the jammer, just not that tactic. Also realize that alot of modern missiles have home on jam capability so you may just be shooting yourself in the foot anyway.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Interesting... wish we knew what was modeled in DCS.

Wonder if its worth testing.
Bones

Post by Bones »

The Sparrow home on jam is modelled in DCS. Use the AIM-7MH.

The AMRAAM is too I believe, just select the profile for HOJ.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thanks Bones.

I normally dont use the Sparrow. But, for the AMRAAM I had not heard of that mode. Ill check that out. Time for some Chucks Guide reading. How hasn't that come up when we've been jammed by Migs during Liberation...

Might be a good thing me to try on Monday if I can get a Mig jam....
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yeah the H in AIM-7MH stands for Homing (on jam).

v6,
boNes