Scarlet Dawn by Surrexen

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Scarlet Dawn by Surrexen

Post by Hammer »

I have this mostly ready, pending review, and uploaded to the server. I downloaded and updated the latest version, added in some missing and extra aircraft, disabled the AI Generals from running.

I would suggest we at least test it to see if additional tweaks are needed for red CAP flight timing, more/different/additional airframes for use, etc. I have not really tweaked any loadouts yet except the aircraft I added.
Helmut
Hammer

Re: Scarlet Dawn by Surrexen

Post by Hammer »

we ran a test of this last night, seems good to go. i will need to look at blue CAP flights vs. red, blue AI took everything out.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

I just tested the Scarlet Dawn mission with me and Grifter's inability to use Vaicom Pro with it for Jester. In the mission, it doesn't work no matter if you are running the multithreading or not. A single mission or a campaign mission will allow you to use Vaicom Pro and Jester though. So something in Scarlet Dawn only is preventing it.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Just so everyone has an update:

Older version of Scarlet Dawn works for Voice Attack and Viacom Pro.

Surrexen checked after my report and does advise there is an issue, bug introduced in the multi-thread update (may or may not be related to multi-threading), he needs to wait for ED to fix it to check the latest version of Scarlet Dawn and/or fix the mission.

We will run the RLG 1.3 (older) version of the mission. It still needs a bit of work, mostly to add an LHA for the Harriers (they have multiple land bases to sortie from). I am not sure I will get to it before tonight.
Helmut
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Don't worry about the LHA. I can take off from land bases.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK, I was able to update the mission with an LHA group - the Saipan has been added. It needed to be a separate group because each naval group can have only one tacan and icls setting. Essentially it mirrors the ABE group but a couple miles to the east of it.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the mission was updated once again, moved the awacs and tankers to a better route, moved 2 of the rotary wing FARPs (center, Dallas and south, Moscow) to more protected areas. if you can test either of them please do so. also, if you do not have the A-4 installed please check to ensure you can connect.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i found an issue: the mission was not saving progress due to a permissions issue. that is now fixed, and i will fix what i can before flight time tonight for you all by adding in units i know were destroyed.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK, I have been watching the server and this mission, the latest update messed up not only Voice Attack, but the scripting engine in other areas as well. This includes missions that use persistency like Scarlet Dawn. This may also affect Surrexen's older missions Clear Field (Caucasus) and Snowfox (Persian Gulf) as well. I have asked, but will try to test as well.
Helmut