Voice Attack Issues

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

Voice Attack Issues

Post by Grifter »

So, Bones, Hammer, and I were on last night trying out the new Surrexen mission. Seems like that mission is a good to go or nearly so. Thanks Hammer for touching it up. :-)

However, Bones and I were having trouble using Voice Attack in our F-14's. Seems that the AIRIO commands were not available for some reason. Perhaps the update broke Voice Attack? Perhaps it's the Surrexen mission? If we're flying Liberation tomorrow night, perhaps that will offer us some insight. Hopefully, it's a simple fix. If anyone sees anything in social media about this issue, please do let us know!

Thanks,

Grif.
Hammer

Re: Voice Attack Issues

Post by Hammer »

did you have the same issues when not running the multi-threaded version?

Are there any known issues that I should be aware of?
As an initial test version, yes.

NS430 inoperable. Not in 2D neither 3D
Exported displays
DCS won’t start on a PC with CPU with more than 32 CPU threads.
Sporadic stuttering in 2D and VR
Ka-50: IT-23 display is colored.
Supercarrier. Signal wands lights and Hold back bar are invisible
Supercarrier: there is no picture on LSO displays
Display issues with a limited set of VR devices
Supercarrier. Signal wands lights and Hold back bar are invisible
Dedicated server doesn't start automatically first time after update, hoster have to launch server manually by clicking on “start” button for mission or server itself in web GUI
Rare occasion of stretched cockpit resolution happens randomly on first simulation launch
Motion Blur causes blue/black 'fog' (in single-thread only)
Cockpit tooltips
RWR not reporting all threats
FC3 DL issues
If you notice other problems that you'd like to report, please visit: https://forum.dcs.world/forum/1144-mult ... orts-temp/
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

also, how long has it been since you updated voice attack? just sayin'. might help.

also, support@voiceattack.com
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I take it that long list of problems is related to the multithreading version? I have not updated voice attack in a while. I don’t believe there is an update, but I will check. I had this problem in both the single thread and multi thread version. I believe it is a Mission specific issue.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Don't know if you saw my other post but I tested it out.

When running multithread with single missions, campaign missions, instant action missions, VAICOM Pro works fine. Once I go to the Scarlet Dawn mission on the server, it quits working.

When running without multithread, VAICOMPro works in any case, (EDIT: changing 'including' for 'EXCEPT' for accuracy - HLF) except the Scarlet Dawn mission on the server.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Is it viacomm pro, or voice attack itself? they are different yes? one is an add on to the other? so it is related to multi-thread it seems. one of you should report it somewhere, maybe in the multi-thread forum i posted a link to?

thx for testing Bones.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

My mistake. Without multi thread, it worked fine everywhere EXCEPT Scarlet Dawn. So it's the mission.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I posted in the mission thread in DCS forums:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/253826-op ... nt=5176048

Bones/Grifter should work that on the Viacom/Voice Attack side.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Bones, can you test Scarlet Dawn on your local system to see if the issue persists there? maybe try stock in case I messed something up. will send it ad the modified version via email.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK, I have gotten the current RLG modified Scarlet Dawn mission running on the server now for testing (server reboot, reload - just in case it matters). Bones, would anyone running Voice Attack and Viacom Pro have these issues? If so maybe others can test as well.

The idea is to test:

1. test rlg (1.4) modified latest scarlet dawn version (a-4 added)
2. test unmodified latest scarlet dawn version
3. test older (1.3) rlg modified scarlet dawn version (no a-4 added)
Helmut