Hammer: Server Issues

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Hammer: Server Issues

Post by Bones »

Hi Hammer,

Last night when we were on the server, my VAICOM Pro was not recognizing that I was in an aircraft and so certain commands weren't working even though the settings were correct. If I went to a SP mission or even a non-server MP mission (me running as host) it is fine. Grifter said that this was similar to what happened to him a while back with his VAICOM Pro and that when he mentioned it to you, that you did something and his VAICOM started working again.

So I don't know what you did before, but I think that needs to be done again.

Also, several people were noting that their fps had dropped significantly no matter what they did. I myself used to have 150 fps on average on the server but it was now down to 50-75. which is still fine, but it was a noted drop. There were also weird rendering issues. My HUD for instance stayed blurry for the first 10 seconds or so then caught up:
Screen_231025_165755.jpg
I had weird floaties in the sky that went away after a few seconds:
Screen_231025_192156.jpg
RLGers wonder if with the new update that maybe the server needs to be reinstalled and rebooted, but of course that's just what they think. You would know what's best and just wnated to let you know what we experienced last night.

v6,

boNes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Hammer: Server Issues

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm pretty sure the graphical artifacts such as the shadows that Jedi mentioned as well as the floaties and rendering issues you mentioned are purely related to the 2.9 update and not anything on the server. I bet good money that we will see a hotfix from ED within the next 5 days or so.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I had 48-55 fps with a brand new 4070 ti video card. That was on medium graphic settings. I believe my issues are probably due to the patch and not the server (or a combination of both). My frames are fine and it looked fine, just not what I would have expected. Of course the timing of a new card and the patch created some kind storm (but not perfect) I'd think. I will do some more testing on my end outside the server. Arma works great!
Bones

Post by Bones »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 06:28
I'm pretty sure the graphical artifacts such as the shadows that Jedi mentioned as well as the floaties and rendering issues you mentioned are purely related to the 2.9 update and not anything on the server. I bet good money that we will see a hotfix from ED within the next 5 days or so.
Here is your Hotfix scheduled for today:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... changelog/

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Just downloaded it. about 5 GB

v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Damn, ED impressed me here with their turnaround!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

any framerate or other issues are going to be with the 4.9 release. other than that, nothing has changed in the server. it is also much more likely a client issue rather than server - the server has no gui component to affect frame rates. but, it would be helpful if someone can research if a certain version of LotATC and Tacview are required for the new beta version. since they are running, there might be some impact to the server due to version requirement/mismatch. i do not know when i will have time to reinstall the server.

for viacom pro, i did not do anything on the server. i did send Grifter a few links with some troubleshooting/workaround/fixit tips.

i would not be impressed until things are fixed. ;)
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hi,
I went back into my emails to try to find the fixes for Vaicom Pro that Hammer sent me, and unfortunately I can't locate them. He may have sent them to me over TS3 in the middle of a session. Unfortunately, I don't recall what the fixes were, which is really frustrating since this issue is bound to crop up again. I thought I had the problem/fix recorded somewhere, but looking through my bookmarks, I can't find it. I believe my problem was also different than what we were experiencing the other night. My issue had to do with Voice Attack/Vaicom Pro constantly activating the radio menu over and over. It was really irritating and interfered with other macro commands I needed to fly the jet. Eventually we solved the problem. I'm sure if I google it I can find a specific post on this particular issue. I can't seem to find one where VA is not recognizing the jet in the first place.

EDIT I found this discussion, and it reminded me that ultimately the solution to my problem was updating Voice attack/Vaicom Pro. I think with the latest release of DCS that it broke something in VA/Vai. If we continue to experience problems, which we likely will, we should check out the Discord for VA/VAI to see if the community has an update.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it is highly likely a new version of voice attack and/or viacom pro are needed, along with the config for your aircraft (i think they have released a config for tomcat?). it is a new version of the game, and things are often broken by the new version, especially with DCS.

the same may be true of LotATC and Tacview.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

I actually had already upgraded my VaicomPro when this issue occurred. Again, what was interesting to note was that if I joined another hosted server, or if I hosted one, or if I played in SP, I wouldn't get that problem.

v6,
boNes