DCS Heatblur F-4E Now Available for Pre-Order with 25% Off

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

DCS Heatblur F-4E Now Available for Pre-Order with 25% Off

Post by Bones »

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,

The legendary DCS: F-4E Phantom II by Heatblur Simulations is now available for pre-order! Recognised as one of the most versatile and potent fighter jets of its time, the F-4 Phantom holds a special place in the hearts of fighter pilots and enthusiasts worldwide. The F-4 was an integral part of the USAF and USN in the Vietnam War (1955-1975) and the Arab-Israeli Conflicts (1967, 1973, and beyond), the Iran-Iraq War (1980-1988), as well as the Cold War (1947-1991) where many NATO countries, including Germany, Greece, Turkey, and the United Kingdom, were proud operators of this marvelous aircraft.

“Our F-4E Phantom represents the culmination of years of hard work and research, to recreate this legendary aircraft in the highest detail and fidelity possible. DCS: F-4E brings this cold-war legend to the skies of DCS, so strap in and prepare for a wild ride.”

– Heatblur Simulations

To secure your pre-order and be amongst the first to take to the virtual skies in this majestic machine, visit our website and take advantage of -25% off during pre-purchase! Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of aviation history.

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely,

Eagle Dynamics
F-4E Phantom II
vsweftmapjgworct_Hero1.jpg

The F-4 Phantom II is an American two-seat, twin-engine, all-weather, long- range supersonic jet interceptor and fighter-bomber originally developed by McDonnell Aircraft for the United States Navy. After entering service with the Navy in 1961, it became adopted by the United States Marine Corps and United States Air Force. Due to its high adaptability, versatility and for its time, unparalleled capabilities, it quickly turned into the main workhorse for all 3 branches and spread beyond the borders of the United States, going on to serve and protect 12 nations across the world, with Phantoms still in operation today. Its production ran from 1958 to 1981, and with nigh 5200 Phantoms built, it became the most produced supersonic US military aircraft in the history, solidifying its place as one of the most recognizable and well known aircraft of the cold war era.

It truly was an iconic and phabulous aircraft that enjoyed unrivaled power and capabilities at the time. It instilled a sense of wonder with unmatched character and left its pilots with a deep sense of respect and love. Both an interceptor and potent air to air fighter, it proved its multirole capabilities as a highly effective air to ground workhorse which packed a serious punch. This unprecedented mission agility and reliability is reflected in the type’s operational lifetime which spanned well over six decades, continuing even today.
qfgqghfstnylxqoq_Hero2.jpg

Some of the important features of the aircraft are the two General Electric J- 79 turbofan engines which generated an impressive dry thrust of 23,810 lbs and a max afterburner thrust of 35,690 lbf; a crew of two; the powerful AN/APQ-120 Radar; the Digital Scan Converter Group (DSCG); the Weapons Release Computer Set (WRCS); the Aircraft Weapons Release Unit (AWRU) and an Altitude Reference and Bombing Computer Set (ARBCS). The DSCG version of the F-4E also comes with the AN/AVQ-23 Pave Spike targeting pod, allowing for precision strikes and the (self-)-employment of laser guided ammunition. Additionally the F-4E can carry the AGM-65 Maverick, a wide array of iron bombs as well as TV and laser guided bombs, plus the capability to carry out Wild Weasel (SEAD) tasks in a limited capacity with the AGM-45 Shrike.

Unlike previous Phantom variants, the -E comes equipped with an integrated M61 Vulcan cannon that can be used both in an air to ground and air to air role. It has an optical sight that allows for lead computing optical sighting (LCOS) in air to air, as well as the ability to carry additional Vulcan cannon pods. It benefits from the ALR-46 Radar Warning Receiver, the AN/ALE-40 countermeasures suite, the AN/ALQ-131 ECM pod, KY-28 encryption equipment and employs a range of early to modern era AIM-9 Sidewinder and AIM-7 Sparrow missiles for aerial combat that can be also used through the additional specialized CAGED and computer automatic acquisition (CAA) modes.

The Heatblur Simulations F-4E Phantom II aims to simulate this iconic aircraft as a high-fidelity module for DCS, being the culmination of several years of research, coding and modeling.

Special points to highlight are the extensive use of laser scanning and photogrammetry from real Phantoms at various museums, the detailed External Flight Model (EFM) developed over the past several years and verified by F-4 pilots and WSOs, the detailed modeling of the AN/APQ- 120 radar, the various complex onboard systems, and the ability to fly as a two- crew aircraft in multiplayer in addition to the proprietary JESTER-AI assisting you as your AI-WSO in singleplayer.
byxocelkfadunodo_Hero3.jpg

Key features of the Heatblur Simulations DCS: F-4E Phantom II include:

The simulation of both the DSCG and DMAS equipped -E variants, the DMAS version following later during the Early Access period.
Highly-detailed external model that is built using laser scanning and photogrammetry taken of real F-4 Phantoms across the globe.
New weapon models for some of the F-4 Phantom payloads such as the AGM-45 Shrike, the AGM-12 Bullpup, the AGM-62 Walleye, and AN/AVQ-23 Pave Spike targeting pod.
Highly-detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit that is also built using photogrammetry from the F-4 Phantoms preserved at museums, including Heatblur FORGE elements to be added later during Early Access.
Highly-detailed and accurate pilot and WSO models that will eventually match the many liveries and different nations. Later, during early access, a full character customization system will allow you to customize your pilot and pick and match various equipment to stylize your crew.
External Flight Model (EFM) based on actual performance data.
Accurate aircraft systems simulation featuring:
The Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS).
Detailed electrical system that accurately simulates sources, current, and consumption. It includes realistic circuits and power draw for every connected device.
Detailed Hydraulic System that simulates the flow of hydraulic liquid. This ultimately moves the hydraulics which in turn move the various flight surfaces, etc.
Detailed and accurate oil and fuel system.
Mass based physics system, allowing for unprecedented simulation of moving surfaces, with realistic behavior according to their mass and properties.
Fully functional multi crew that allows a two-seat functionality in multiplayer. This allows a player as pilot to team up with another player as the Weapon Systems Officer, WSO.
JESTER AI 2.0: Heatblur’s new and improved lifelike AI that fills the role of the WSO when flying in singleplayer or multiplayer without a human WSO. JESTER AI 2.0 expands functionality, dialogue options, and more.
A simulated Crew Chief for a more immersive and complete startup procedure.
Later during early access, a brand new walkaround mode allows you to do pre-flight checks on your aircraft.
A new versatile set of UI features, that allows for live in-cockpit viewing of the manual and the ability to interact with the various settings and options pertaining to your mission and flight. This feature will be continually expanded during Early Access.
Introducing Heatblur Interactive Tooltips that provide the ability to click on a switch and be directly taken to the relevant manual part without ever leaving your cockpit.
New and improved effects like advanced overwing vapors, new procedural animation systems, and more.
Detailed and highly accurate simulations of the AN/APQ-120 radar and ALR-46 RWR.
A detailed simulation of the AN/AVQ-23 Pave Spike targeting pod that allows the WSO to guide laser guided munitions dropped by the pilot or other aircraft (buddy-lasing).
A comprehensive digital manual, both as a PDF and as a continually updated online manual. It is directly accessible from within the cockpit at any time via Interactive Tooltips and/or the EBAG.
A complete set of interactive and voiced tutorials.
A comprehensive set of missions and campaigns to be gradually released during Early Access and beyond.

NOTE: Some features may not be available immediately. The later F-4E DMAS equipped variant, including Pave Tack and TISEO, will follow during the early access period and the tutorials and campaigns will be implemented and expanded as well.
F-4E Phantom II

Please remember you can save -25% whilst pre-purchasing the DCS: F-4E Phantom II. This discount will not be available once the module is released to early access.

Thank you again for your passion and support,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Re: DCS Heatblur F-4E Now Available for Pre-Order with 25% Off

Post by Bones »

Eagle Dynamics
ictoddoozgvwoiuy_Hero4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I definitely plan to buy this. I used to watch the Navy versions of these aircraft take off from NAS Weymouth all the time. My father was stationed there and it quite common to see A-4's and F-4's on the tarmac. Still, I will wait until it's released and they've had a chance to clean up whatever the initial bugs are.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i had a bit of time to do some looking into this, pretty nice. i do have to say i am disappointed the naval version will be even further in the future.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Hammer wrote:
11 Dec 2023, 21:31
i had a bit of time to do some looking into this, pretty nice. i do have to say i am disappointed the naval version will be even further in the future.
Oh it is? Awww.....

But is it enough to bring you back to DCS?

v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 06:38

But is it enough to bring you back to DCS?

v6,
boNes

I'm pretty sure that hammer's absence from the DCS flying sessions has nothing to do with any waning interest in the sim.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Well, maybe. I am still short on time. I really think I would prefer the naval version, but it is going to come after the AF version and will be a separate module/purchase apparently.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

That's too bad if it's a separate purchase. I hope not. Heatblur sold the F-14A and B as one, so I hope they sell both F-4s the same way.

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

from the old but highly likely still relevant FAQ:

Q: Why won’t all variants be part of one module?
A: The investment of time and effort to do the Navy and Marine Corps versions of the F-4 justice makes it unrealistic for us to include everything in one package. We want to make sure to tell the story of each Phantom variant chosen in the most content rich and appropriate way possible, while making sure that we stay a thriving and viable team. We’ll share more details on our plans with regards to variant additions to the F-4 later, but we remain steadfastly committed to ensuring that we are fair to our beloved community and supporters.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/291784-fr ... nt-4877662
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Seems very odd that they chose to make the less capable of the F-4 variants. Providing the one would with a tail hook would've given the customer more variety. But, of course, it likely would been more expensive to research and create.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Whenever issues like these come up I need to remind myself that if it wasn't for Eagle Dynamics the current hardcore military jet simulation genre would be dead.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

In my opinion, that doesn't make it right. So, just be grateful that there is a hardcore study sim keeping the genre somewhat alive? Should I just be grateful that they put together this wonderful, but deeply flawed product for which they've asked me to dole out hundreds of dollars in modules and terrain? I like DCS an awful lot, otherwise I wouldn't bother showing up on Wednesdays, but it could be better. The fact that they have a monopoly on the market is a real problem, obviously. I hope someday someone produces a product to complete with ED. Watch how quickly they suddenly find the resources to fix problems that are well over a decade old.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

The point I was simply making is that the hardcore flight sim community is often overly-critical and overly-demanding of the developers. I'm basing this on my 25+ years of reading posts on numerous gaming sites. This also does not mean that we should give developers carte blanche to screw up as much as they want.

And yes, a competitor to ED would be nice but that ain't happening due to the economic reality of the hardcore military flight sim genre.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I agree that there is a lot of overly critical posts out there. But, what my grievances with ED can hardly be considered unreasonable. As you say, we shouldn't give them carte blanche. They should be able to provide the basics in their simulation: proper ATC, reasonably reliable and dynamic friendly and enemy AI, bomb splash damage, destroy-able terrain (trees).

Well, it's certainly highly unlikely that they will have a competitor any time soon, yes. But, ED got into the market and I suppose it's possible another company may do so eventually. We can only hope so. As you say, it will be a long, long time before anyone has the capital and the will to try, I imagine.