DCS IN-Game Voice Chat/VOIP/Radio

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

DCS IN-Game Voice Chat/VOIP/Radio

Post by Bones »

SO myself and a new RLG member were practicing carrier ops today and he introduced me to the in-game DCS chat/VOIP/Radio and showed me how to set it up.

So far it works for simple use like me and him, I haven't tried it with a group like we do in RLG. I liked the effects with the squelch and the static, it sounds a little better than SRS IMHO.

Have a listen and check it out:

Maybe we can try it in RLG sometime.
v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Re: DCS IN-Game Voice Chat/VOIP/Radio

Post by Xpendable »

Note that this has to be enabled on the server in order for us to use it. I'm all for it. Sadly they haven't implemented native support into the Harrier for it, so I'd have to use the user interface.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Just watched part of the video. Did you just fuel dump and then ignite the dumped fuel? LOL!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Xpendable wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 12:29
Just watched part of the video. Did you just fuel dump and then ignite the dumped fuel? LOL!
Yeah, I was being a pyro. Did you hear me going WOOHOOOOO while doing it?

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Your voice is pretty quiet on your videos. I didn't have my speakers turned up high enough to hear what you were saying but could hear the other guy just fine.
At any rate, I didn't know you could dump and burn in the Heatblur F-14!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yeah I found out that unbeknowist to me there was a firmware and software update that changed my mic volume on my headset. I hunted it down and fixed it, so it should be fine now.

v6,
boNes
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I would be willing to try it.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I introduced it here previously, and seems to have been lost somewhere/ignored. PDT_Armataz_01_05

https://www.rlgaming.com/viewtopic.php?p=99210#p99210
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I do recall you mentioning it. I just don't think we ever got around to it. I was certainly willing to give it a go. Let's try it and see if it's better than TS. One thing I do like about TS that you might not get with DCS' VOIP is the ability raise and lower volume. Some of you speak very loud and others speak very soft. It's nice to be able to adjust the gain. Anyway, I'd still like to try it. Maybe we can do so in an off hour some point soon. Bones, let's talk more about this Wednesday night.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Grifter wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 06:48
I do recall you mentioning it. I just don't think we ever got around to it. I was certainly willing to give it a go. Let's try it and see if it's better than TS. One thing I do like about TS that you might not get with DCS' VOIP is the ability raise and lower volume. Some of you speak very loud and others speak very soft. It's nice to be able to adjust the gain. Anyway, I'd still like to try it. Maybe we can do so in an off hour some point soon. Bones, let's talk more about this Wednesday night.
Monday was typically our training/mess around day. We could mess around with the VoIP thing tonight for a few minutes.

v6,
boNes