LOMAC VIDEO!!! YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!!

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Nemisis

LOMAC VIDEO!!! YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!!

Post by Nemisis »

Guys for those of you that have looked at the screenshots Softball posted and cant wait to see more, then download this video of LOMAC will have your tounge on the deck, you gotta see it 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

If you guys have posted this one up before then oops but it's too good to miss.

It is on the same site as Softballs screenshots (well worth a look they are!!!) It is a video of an A-10 Mission from take off to the Lead calling RTB it is amazing!!!!!

Link is:

http://www.pcarena.com/previews/lomac/video2/index.html

YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED 60 meg (yes it's big but BEEEEUTIFUL) and almost 7 minutes long.

Nem
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Softball

Looks great

Post by Softball »

Watched the video, great stuff.

Why do they continue to torture us? Release the damned game already, or at least release a demo for us to keep us happy until it's released. The last time I was THIS excited about a flight sim was when Longbow 2 was going to be released. Lomac is gonna be the SHITE!

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

I read on the forums at the LOMAC site that there is going to be a demo released very very soon watch this space!!!
Softball

LOMAC Demo

Post by Softball »

Well, if everything goes according to plan, the demo could be released in the next 48 hours! Read this statement from STORMIN over at the UBI boards:

Posted 8/20/03

The demo will be released to the public as soon as we have fixed the last few bugs. If the next version is the one then it will be made available as soon as possible, I predict within 48 hours of the authorization to release the demo.

Now read this part VERY CAREFULLY ---- If we find bugs in the meantime that are severe enough to warrant another compile then the release of the demo will not happen as soon.

That is the way it is. I can't explain it any better or further. Please be patient.

Carl

Also, it looks like LOMAC will be pushed back to Winter 2003. :x BOOOO!!

Hades

Post by Hades »

Yeah The video is amazing!!

Yup Wags said on the UBI FOrum that LOMAC is postponed to winter i guess it gives me time to save money for a cougar then.
"The greatest failures of them all is the failure to try"
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Gator

Post by Gator »

That's wierd ... i read somewhere from Stormin that they only anticipated putting the demo out a couple weeks before the retail release. I wonder what changed?
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I heard Carl had left Ubi...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Maybe that's the case, maybe the above issue is WHY he's left tooo :roll:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

Carl

Post by Softball »

I believe he is still working as a consultant, I think for Eagle Dynamics? His signature on his posts say Consultant, so I am assuming he is.

Yea, it's strange how Carl is talking of possibly releasing a demo in the next few weeks, and Matt is saying the full version will be out in Winter? Huh? I know we should never believe everything we read on the internet, but I tend to believe that LOMAC will be delayed, yet again. 3 years in the making and now another lengthy delay!

ARRRRRGH!! :x

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Since this is a survey sim, I'm a little concerned about it being less than realistic. But then again, I think IL2 flight models are pretty real. I hope Lomac follows the IL2 standard.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I've all but given up on LOMAC! If it comes out I will buy it but my hopes are not up anymore. I was looking forward to this for August hell March, April, May, June, July. By the way me and my wife will be closing on a house in about a week.

SO IS THERE A DEMO AND WHERE CAN I GET IT!?

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

IIRC, a survey sim is one in which there are multiple planes to choose from. If this is incorrect, let me know. if that is correct, then LOMAC, USAF, IL2 are survey sims. Jane's F/A-18, Jane's F-15 are not. Falcon 4 was not a survey sim when released, but Falcon 4 SP3 is a survey sim.

i am not trying to be sarcastic here - I really do want to know the correct definition of a survey sim.

As for realism, i do not see how being a survey sim or not has any impact on realism - that is a function of the flight models, the graphics, the sounds, the damage modeling, the weapon modeling,...

Nevermind. After researching the term "survey sim" on SimHQ, I found:

Pygmy:

Survey and Study are the two basic types of sims. Survey sims indicate that you can fly multiple aircraft within the sim, which tends to mean less technical accuracy of the aircraft modeled.
Study sims indicate a single flyable aircraft within the sim, which typically means a higher fidelity model and higher technical accuracy.

Andy Bush:

As Pygmy says, the words 'study' and 'survey' are terms used in the sim industry to differentiate between sims that focus on a single aircraft versus many. Since USAF has nine flyable a/c, it is a survey sim.

Some folks associate the terms with the level of sophistication of the sim...as in 'hardcore' versus 'softcore'. This is incorrect. It's an 'apples and oranges' kind of thing! But it is a fact that most survey sims are less complicated than a study sim...I would imagine this is strictly due to realistic limits being placed on the size of the sim's computer programming.Otherwise, we would end up with survey sims that have multiple CDs and that cost big bucks.

Andy

I also found a couple of references to LOMAC as a survey sim. so apparently others feel that LOMAC is a survey sim - although they will apparently try to make each plane as close to realistic as they feel they can afford to.

I still am disappointed at the lack of ground radar. I just don't see this as a good strike fighter sim. (And for those who know me, that is the only thing that matters to me) Especially when they don't include F-15e's or F/A-18's.

I still will buy it as soon as it comes out though.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

DA: scroll/go to the first post in this thread for the link to the demo. Don't expect a demo version of the game; expect a demo/trailer/video of what the game is like flying an A-10.

:roll:
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

From wht i have read there is going to be a playable demo of the game released in under 1 week ( i just had a look at the latest info on the LOMAC forum).

The Demo is going to be released with a couple of minor and i think they are minor bugs (1 being that the A10 can be loaded out with the wrong type of rockets) but this has been promised to be fixed for the gold release.

Also the Demo is going to be about 120-140MB (a bit big to be just a Video) and is supposed to have Mig 29's in it not just the A-10.

The idea for the Demo being released now with these minir errors is to quell any further backlash at the latest delay of the final version. (ie to give us something to chew on till LOMAC is finally released) and it is supposed to be a playable demo not a Video like the one i posted the link to, (but boy is that a cool way to advertise the game!!).

I am keeping a close eye on things at the LOMAC site and will POST as soon as i hear anything major or see that the demo has been released.
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Read it. understand it. agree with it. so on and so forth.

i was just surprised that Viper was surprised at someone characterizing LOMAC as a survey sim. Using Stormin's own words - LOMAC is not a study sim. he describes LOMAC as a new and improved survey sim but calls it a synergy sim. ok. maybe we need another term. maybe we don't. that is fine with me since that is exactly what i want - a survey sim that uses accurate FM's and sensors and weapons specific to each of the multiple planes.

Yes, i STILL will bitch about the lack of a ground radar. just because they happened to pick planes that don't have A-G radar doesn't let them off my hook. After Strike Fighters P1 bombed (pun intended since it was anything but a satisfying strike sim to me), I am praying that someday we will have F/A-18's and F-15e's in LOMAC. Will THEY have A-G radars?
Sorry, this is just a mudder complaining about a lack of emphasis on my style of air combat.

I guess what would make me happy is Falcon V or SP4 with ground and target and exterior airplane graphics to match USAF or LOMAC plus clouds and weather from FS2004.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

NO A-G huh! What the hell are they thinking, oh wait that would require an actual thought process.

DA
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

well not exactly DA. they will allow plenty of a-g with the a-10. just no a-g radar comes with that plane.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

That part I understood, and I hate the fact that the only option you have for A-G is the Warthog. Don't get me wrong its a great aircraft and for its mission no other plane can beat it, but that is also its short coming, its primary role is its only role. I see it this way, any theatre commander would not want to over tax his Air Superiority with protecting a sudo child that can't properly defend itself, instead of freelancing so to speak gaining air superiority over the battlefield the fighter jock will be in a position where he has to keep one eye on the sky and another on the warthog so she won't wander into a hornets nest unprotected. Now I'm sure all of you are wondering what about the vunerable A-6, yes what about her she has one major advantage over the A-10 and thats manuverability case closed, plus during vietnam her biggest nemisis wasn't a fast moving fighter but a fixed SAM or AA site, but in this theatre of operation both sides are about even in the number and experience of air technology so she's a sitting duck waiting to be plucked (the A-10 anyway).

Just my two cents.

I don't know much about the Frogfoot, but I hear she's a mean little something when provoked

DA
Last edited by daofcmacg on 28 Aug 2003, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

you reminded me DA of how much i miss a good sim of the A-6. that was a terrific plane. one that the USN mistakenly retired too soon and compromised it's Strike, SEAD, and Tanking missions for several years in the last decade. AT least that is what Tom Clancy claimed from interviews in his book on carrier ops.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I just checked out a video for lomac of a A-10 bombing a little town. The ordance used looked like MK-83drags. I was kinda upset about that. I know the A-10 is a tough cookie but man was it really designed for that use. As they say in the military, if you ain't got what you need use what you got.

DA