Leaked LOMAC demo here

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hades

Leaked LOMAC demo here

Post by Hades »

Ok i dont know if its old news but i just loged on msn and got the link from a friend for the LOMAC demo and here it is and if you guys already new it im sorry for bringing old news

http://www.33th.de/lock_on.exe
"The greatest failures of them all is the failure to try"
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Hades

Hi

Post by Hades »

Btw i also have a fueltweak for it if you guys are intrested i can mail it or send it on icq
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

thanks man. we have been waiting for this.

First impressions:

1. Could not get guns or bombs to work. The keystrokes did not activate as they were supposed to in the readme.

2. Beautiful graphics. The external view of the planes and the scenery textures are terrific. Even FF1 + SP3 does not look as good as this.

3. Flight models were ok in the short time i tried. did not use my HOTAS yet, just my MS sidewinder. Not quite as good as Falcon 4, but better than USAF.

4. Simplified cockpit functionality and weapons use are slightly better than Strike Fighter, but IMHO are exactly what I expected - a huge disappointment. Not even close to Falcon 4.

5. IMHO this may take the place of all the times we spent flying USAF. But it ain't gonna replace what we have in SP3.

6. and then there is MP. what will that be like?
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Hades

Hi

Post by Hades »

i dont know if this is for what your asking for but to activate the AG mode push the "7" button or did you mean you couldent release bombs, rockets in AG mode?

one thing is for sure the Avanger cannon rocks!!!
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Softball

Demo

Post by Softball »

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Softball

Controls

Post by Softball »

To get the A2A to work, you need to choose the weapons keys, 1-6. To choose A2G weapons, hit the 7-9 keys. To switch weapons, hit D. To switch between weapons and cannon, hit C. To select a target, hit TAB. I remapped my Joystick keys for Firing weapons, selecting weapons, and targeting. I also have the mouselook turned on, and the mouse wheel zooms the cockpit in and out. I am VERY impressed with LOMAC, and it also appears that I will need to turn down some of the settings on my current system. I am still tweaking the graphics to get the best framerate and best graphics. Will report more later after I have flown more.

LOMAC ROCKS!! I can't wait for the full version. 8)

Hades

Post by Hades »

I totally agree with you Softball this game rocks i love it!!!.
the graphics man icant find words to explain the how i feel i mean go for some low level flying on the Mig-29 mission and you see the beautiful water and the clouds reflektion on the water man its so beautifull.
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Much better now that things work. For some reason, the first time I booted up the demo, my throttle and most keystrokes did not work. when i reloaded the game later tonight - everything worked!

Hurry up and finish this thing.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
Softball

DA

Post by Softball »

Hey, should we tell DA that the demo is out? LOL!

..................................Nah, let him figure it out. :lol:

Hades

Post by Hades »

I just heard that people are starting to figure out how to change your load on the demo say use Mavs on A-10 and to change weather/clouds and also to change enemy´s.

I sent a zip file to Softball with somefiles that gives you unlimited fuel and you can also fly on night.

so if your intrested in this files post your e-mail addy and i will send it.
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'll be downloading it today. Based on what you guys reported though, I'm not suprised or dissapointed. I knew that it would not be as realistic as Falcon SP3; afterall, it's a survey sim and like all survey sims, it does'nt match up to a game that focuses on just one aircraft. I'm sure the graphics are so intensive that I will be pissed my new computer can't run them at maximum settings, but oh well. Look forward to flying it all the same. I move that we make lomac night a weekend night so that I can actually fly it with you folks. As you can see, I have not been around much due to my current work schedule.
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

This is a SP demo Grifter, so there are no plans to have a certain night devoted to it yet.

At this point though, with the small numbers and particpation, I am not sure we have any nights devoted to anything anymore. :(
Kamikazi

Post by Kamikazi »

I just took the demo for a spin- boy are there some fun times ahead! On my computer, I've got the graphics on the lowest possible setting and get 4fps, but it STILL looks stunning. I'll have to get a new computer before I can play it.

I didn't find anything disappointing- of course it won't have the system fidelity of SP3, but that was a well known fact. However, the flight model has some serious potential- I was screwing around with the A-10, yanked the stick at around 300knots, and QUICKLY departed into a spin. Seeing as the rudder isn't activated on my joystick and I didn't know the key command for it... I couldn't recover. The spin was very nice, very smooth in the transition- very real. The damage model also seems well done, as I found out in the MiG-29.

Everyone should give it a whirl, it should be worth it by Christmas.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Madrus:

I meant when the official game is released. So to reiterate, when the FULL VERSION of LOMAC is released, I would ask that we have a weekend night, or portion thereof, dedicated to it so that I might actually get to fly with you guys. As you can see from my absence, this school year is hectic to say the least and I cannot play on weeknights.

...I'm sure participation will pick up again soon. Folks are probably just off doing their own thing is all. :D
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Downloaded from suggested site - however, when I press the setup option it atells me the files are being unzipped and after maybe a minute, it just disappears (the unzipping window) and that's that!! Any ideas why I have a problem???? :?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hades

Hi

Post by Hades »

Have you tried to download again? when i first downloaded the demo i dident get the whole demo i only got around 88mb instead of 122mb.
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Softball

Bad DL?

Post by Softball »

Sounds like a corrupt DL Kodiak, :(. I hate to say this, but try DLing it again. Sucks to be on 56k with 100+ MB files.