LOMAC thread

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hades

Post by Hades »

one thing i noticed that some people have had problem with is that the lomac files is set to read only so it can be wise to change that

another thing i noticed was that its important to save after missions in campain or else you have to refly them,

there is alink on the official lomac forum *** Saitek X45 Profile, Installation and Troubleshooting Guide for LOMAC ***

for all of you with x-45 and it also explains how to fix the problem raptor is having if i understand your problem right but the lomac forum is so slow right now i cant reatch it and copy the link to this page
"The greatest failures of them all is the failure to try"
Ed Bugarin Delta force

Post by Guest »

So is anyone going to fly tonite? I might be able to make it tonite not sure, but if I'm around I'll join up on RW. What sucks is this game seems to crash alot in MP. I'm sure they're working on it, but even with crashes it's fun.
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

There is a thread in this forum called Available Pilots/Flights. That should be the first thing you look at to see what is available tonight. yes; we are planning to fly LOMAC around 9-10 EST. So far in MP with Raptor and with Gator, we have had NO crashes.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Gator

Post by Gator »

I agree - I flew with Madrus and we only had the crash where I taxied into his plane :)
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

Post by Guest »

Hmmm interesting. Found the crashes happened mainly if server dropped out while client was still connected. I'll find you guys if I'm around tonite. I forgot you guys got Thanksgiving this weekend too.
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

OK correct me if im wrong on this but i was listening in to the guys last night during their Lomac session and a little problems seemed to be cropping up over the connection speed and what setting to use.

I believe Madrus was hosting and had his speed set to 100mbs as the host i believe tis would be a correct setting, but the others were having problems with their connection with planes doing weird and wonderfull things on screen when they looked at the other OL players.

I might be wrong about this but i believe everybody else was initially trying to connect at the same speed as Madrus ie 100mbs if this is the case all of Madrus's band width setting would have been used up by 1 player connecting to him, i cant remember who it was but someone reconnected at 56k and got a lot better results with Lomac.

So basically what i'm trying to say is if the host connects at 100mbs then everyone else should connect at 10mbs or less depending on the number of players, this would split Madrus's or whoever is hostings band width up equally among the other players and reduce the bandwidth conflict that appeared to be happenng last night and so give everyone a smooth flight.

Might be way of on this but it makes sense to me.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

That may or may not be true... In Falcon it is, but we do not have a detailed analisys of LOMAC's networking code yet. I do suggest setting your network settings to max 10 Mb...or even 56K would be better, except for the host who should probably be at 10 Mb or 100 Mb. It may be trial and error for a while unless someone finds folks that have done testing at SimHQ or such...
Helmut

Post by Guest »

Madrus hosted later that nite for Kodiak,Jedimaster, and myself. I had no problems in terms of lag/warping, it was pretty smooth for me. However, Kodiak and Jedi said it was horrible. Jedi and myself were set to 10mbit as was Madrus. When I was trying it out with another friend we tried 10mbit and 56k and it didn't make much difference. But our pingtimes were in the 50ms range.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I wonder if it is because Madrus has settings to high in game? I usually turn mine down when I host. It could also be that you all have your settings too high as well. They should be turned down a bit for online play...but that is most important for the host.

Maybe try 10Mb for the host and everyone else at 56K...
Helmut
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

i set my game settings set pretty low for the past few days: no heat blur, low water, low terrain,.... and i did not change them for the MP session. the first game i set at 100Mb/sec; then the second I set them at 56K, then I selected 10Mb/s and left it there. I now have a 453 kbps upload and a 642 kbps download. So should I set it at 100Mb or 10 Mb?

I noticed no difference to my game with any of those settings, so let me know.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

try 10 and everyone else at 56K...
Helmut
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

well I have a problem. My motherboard died on me, so I am ordering a new one plus upgrading my processor to 2.0gig so I will be pretty current with the addition of memory, video card dvd writer etc. all I need is a new sound card and my three year old machine will be like new.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

what video card are you going to use DA?
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

my GeForce2 64mb card.
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

That card is probably on the low side. Be ready to drop the video settings in the game to keep framerates up.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

well I am getting a Gigabyte GA-7N40 Pro2 with the nforce2 ultra400 chipset and a 2.13 gig processor for just under two hundred bucks and they should be here tomorrow.

DA
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Assuming you are getting a Gigabyte GA-7N400V Pro2 Mobo which has an integrated GPU (GeForce4 MX), then you won't need a video card.

So why are we talking about your GeForce2 64Mb, which is outdated? And now, not even needed?

Hmmmmm?

I still will bet you will have to turn down your settings; I have a GeForce TI 4600, and I have to turn down my settings. And a GeForce MX does not perform as well as a TI.

It will be good to have you back online with us DA. Hurry up and get that beast running.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I was under the impression from Gigabytes website that that motherboard chipset from Nvidia was not video. Well I am looking into that again and see if you are correct Madrus and nine times out of ten you usually are. So I won't need my old NVIDIA video Card, Cool.

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Upon further review I ordered the L1 card instead of the PRO2 and there isn't any video. They are using the Nvidia Chipset for various things.

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

let me clarify and quote from Gigabyte's website.

This is the product specs for my board:

Processor
Socket A for AMD AthlonXP / Athlon / Duron processor
Chipset
NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 System Platform Processor (SPP)
Media and Communications Processor (MCP)
Super I/O: ITE IT8712F chip
Integrated Peripherals
MCP integrated NVIDIA MAC with Realtek 8201 LAN PHY chip
Realtek ALC650 Audio AC'97 Codec
Front Side Bus
400/333/266 MHz FSB
Memory
Type:Dual Channel DDR400/ 333/ 266- 184pin
Max capacity: Up to 3GB by 4 DIMM slots
Internal I/O Connectors
2 x UDMA ATA 133/100/66 Bus Master IDE connectors
1 x FDD connector
1 x USB 2.0/1.1 connector
S/P DIF input/output pin header
2 x cooling fan pin headers
CD/AUX in
1 x Game/Midi connector
Expansion Slots
1 x AGP slot (8x/4x-AGP 3.0 compliant), supports 1.5v display card only.
5 x PCI slots (PCI 2.2 compliant)
Rear Panel I/O
PS/2 Keyboard / Mouse
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ45 port
2 x COM ports
1 x LPT
Audio (1 x Line-in / 1 x Line-out / 1 x Mic)
connector
CPU/AGP/DIMM setting
CPU FSB/ Vcore Voltage adjustable via BIOS
AGP Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS
DIMM Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS
Power
ATX power connector and ATX 12V connector
Power-off by Windows 98/ Me/ 2000/ XP shut down and switch
Form Factor
ATX form factor
30.5 x 24.4 cm
H/W Monitoring
System health status auto-detect and report by BIOS
Hardware detecting and reporting for case open, power-in voltage, CPU voltage, and fan speed.
BIOS
2M bit flash ROM, Award BIOS
Other Features
EasyTune™4 (support the function of hardware monitoring only)
@BIOS
Q-Flash

OH YEAH BY THE WAY. I am using my machine at work to test out LOC-ON and when I go into a training mission all I get is a black screen and mega lag. Now I turned down the settings to low(low as they can go) and still no luck. Right now I am using onboard video on my machine here but its a 2.66gig intel with 256megs of memory running a 2000 platform. So even at low setting I'm screwed huh until I get my machine back home.

DA