Lomac Tweek utility on Frugals

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

wow that might be very useful for some folks. Great tip Viper. :D Hope it works as advertised.
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Yup already got this and a few other patches for Lomac including medium and low res cloud fix!

What this does is reduce very slightly the resolution of the clouds in Lomac on an overcast day and doing so gives you an extra 10 frames per second during missions with overcast or thundery days.

Everyone at the Lomac forum that has tried this say it works and they can see no difference between the stock clouds and the new clouds! The only difference is due to the slight reduction in res the FPS count goes up.

Link below for those that are interested, look for the version 3 Medium res overcast and version 3 low res overcast files.

http://www.lockonmodernaircombat.com/mo ... oad&cid=16

I also have a sound edit for Lomac if anyone is interested, cant find the link to it that i had but if you want it PM me and i'll get it to you.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Boy - I hope all this patching, etc. does not screw up multi-play else I will just return this one...
Helmut
Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

I've also been waiting so long to get this sim, but if it turns out to be another patch-fest then screw it. Life's too short. 8O
Boy is this a machine...
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Well there are quite a few issues with Lomac at the moment if you read the Forums there is plent to fix to get it right.

An official patch is already in the works it has at the moment about 26 fixes for the game including fixes for the aim 120's they are at the moment to short on their range and effectiveness, and their is a load of other fixes for it as well i'll try and find the post from wags and put it up on the board tonight as well as some screen shots of about 16 B1's carpet bombing a city SPECTACULAR!

As far as patches go i think they can do nothing but improve this game for us all, as you can see the community has already started making its own patches and tweaks for Lomac and it's only been out 2 weeks!

If it goes the way Falcon 4 did this is going to be the Greatest Flight sim ever by the time all the amain bugs are fixed by the Developers and extras from the community.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I am referring to unnoficial patches and how they will/can affect multi-player... I do NOT have time nor want to get/install all kinds of 3rd party patches just because... Official patches will not come around all that often and will not be a problem...
Helmut