A-10 tactics

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hudson

A-10 tactics

Post by Hudson »

LAU-61 WP is a smoke rocket. Use it to mark the location of your targets. Works very nicely. Most sucky thing about them is only you can see your smoke in MP. Big hopes that this will be fixed by a lot of people.

Also the AGM-65D has a 3x and 6x zoom. Main keyboard -/+ will change it. You can only have two of these on pylons 3 and 9 versus three AGM-65K so K's may be preferable in daytime assaults where visibility isnt a huge issue.

Also Madrus gave me F10 to view the map which will get you in the vicinity of the targets. Guess this would be about equiv to intell or whoever handing you coordinates to go hunting at..

SUU-25 is a flare pod, but to me it seems highly useless even on night missions. I'd rather use a AGM-65D as a FLIR pod.

Smoke generators are static... just meant to complete air show skins; don't do anything at all.

And we all know how to drop dumb bombs, even me.

To get into it set up some BTR-70's on a map with your A-10. Eight or 12 is a good number. They can do you some damage but probably not knock you out of the sky, which makes them nice for learning against. Take some damage and you know if that was a Tungunska or a ZSU-23 you'd probably be dead.

That's really all I have for now, but it's picking up. Seems like flying A-10 without the labels might become possible afterall with some practice...