LUMAC: Lock Up Modern Aggravation Crap

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

LUMAC: Lock Up Modern Aggravation Crap

Post by Grifter »

The game is great but pretty much a beta release. Locks up, radar barely works, multiple graphic faults,failures, and schitzophrenic breakdowns. sigh. Can't wait for the first patch. It's really too bad that companies now think it's already to release a game and catch all the bugs with a patch later on. Quality Control sucks for this game and it's sad.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Grifter -

I won't deny that you're having trouble, but it's not universal. I have had it drop me to desktop only once, and that was because my antivirus decided it was time for a scan. I've had no trouble that I can attribute to the game. I'll repeat what I said earlier, it's not nearly as buggy as Falcon was on its release.

-Bri
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Grifter, keep in mind that the game runs much better on XP. Most of the problems you are having are probably related to your OS, which is 98 SE.

That said, the first patch, according to Matt Wagner, is in beta now, and is showing a lot of improvement at running under 98 SE.

It remains to be seen whether the released patch will completely solve the 98 SE problem.

Still, I would agree that if you advertise that a game's minimum specs include 98 SE - then it should damn well run under 98 SE.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Gator

Post by Gator »

I'll grant you that - the box DOES say it will run on 98. They should have fully vetted that before they printed that.

In that vein - I'd hate to see this game on what they say is the minimum system: Athlon 600? 256MB RAM? 32MB video? wasn't someone talking about a slide-show earlier?
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Well you guys get my point. Asking for the game to run under 98 SE is really expecting a hellava lot in my opinion. I understand that I'm having a lot of trouble with it due to the fact that I'm running 98, believe u me, I wish I could change that fact. Still, it should run better on 98 than it does. In any case, I'm looking forward to the first patch, which reminds me...they really should'nt rely on patches so much. I mean for Pete sake does testing with the software/hardware before you go and market the product. I'm sorry but quality control sucks. :roll: If Falcon was worse than this when it first came out....man! I would've thrown it away. Wow you guys are die hards for putting up with it if indeed it was that bad upon release.

Yeah, there is no way in hell it would run as advertised under the minimum specs. That's just plain crazy talk.
Kamikazi

Post by Kamikazi »

98SE has known errors, and Matt Wagner said that the next patch has been showing very good signs for the 98/ME users.
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Hey, Grifter, do you think it might be 98SE that is causing a problem?

I think I heard they might have a patch that might solve the problem.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

grif, do you have an xp cd at home? you just upgraded the bios recently correct? if yes (on both counts) maybe you can drop it in and see if it will boot to the setup screen..... if you get that far maybe we can get the rest of the way through the install...