Mission Editor Q and A

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Gator

Mission Editor Q and A

Post by Gator »

I started this thread for those of us who are trying to create new missions. If you have any hard-won lessons, write them here. If you can't figure something out, write your questions here. I'll start by listing some things I think I've figured out.

1) Don't "HIDE" anything - there doesn't appear to be a way to unhide them.

2) When you are creating waypoints and must provide a speed and altitude (default is 2000 alt and 500 speed) ... is this 2000 meters and 500 kph?

3) If you create a 4-ship and make it a "client" ... all four planes will show up even if only one client is in-game, and the flight shows up as only one available flyable aircraft. But, if you create 4 independent flights and make each of them "client," only the planes that are represented by a client will show up (if only one client is in-game, only one aircraft will appear in-game).

I think Nemesis was going in this direction the other night when he was on RW ... It doesn't look like there's a way to create a 4-ship (however you want to create it) that will put 4 planes in the sim - and have any number of them player flyable and the remaining AI - it looks like you must designate which ones are AI and which ones are flyable at mission design time.

This tells me that if you want to create a MP mission, you need to either a) know how many people are going to be online to fly it and which planes they will want to fly or b) create different versions of the missions with different numbers of "client" aircraft. Otherwise, I see there is going to be trouble with balance ... what if you design a mission that is balanced with 4 A-10s to take on an armored column. The mission may be impossible to complete if only 2 humans are available. you would only have a 2-ship instead of a 4-ship. If you KNEW that only 2 humans would be available, you could create 2, 2-ships so that the wingman would always be present.

-B
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver