Mission Second Strike

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

daofcmacg

Mission Second Strike

Post by daofcmacg »

I have a mission and I need a group of guys to test it for me ok.

Scenario: Georgia decides it wants some of the land that the Ukraine took back. Russia is more than happy to supply SAM equipment to Georgia(no aircraft, can't go around giving the advantage to one side now can they). The initial attack was semi-devistating and Ukraine had to withdraw back. Everything is at a standstill until weather passes due to the equipment and Aircraft the Georgians are using, so Ukraine see's an opportunity to take out several key bridges and important railyard for moving supplies forward.

Time: Dusk
Weather: Snowing, Fog with visibility at ground not to good but fair enough to drop a couple of FAB-500's here and there. Turbulance above 2000M with a overcast around 8000M.

Threats: SAM site with all the fixing's, mobile AAA/SAM launchers around key area's.

All in all you can't fly in low due to weather and if you get caught up past 500M then your a sitting duck while trying to pickle your load. So who's in???

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i hope you do not have the turbulence setting too silly. Raptor did that on a mission and it was pretty stupid... also, you usually encounter turbulence around the cloud layer, not otherwise. I would also doubt the validity of a solid cloud layer at 24,000 ft. others with more aviation weather experience may add to or refute my thoughts here to make your mission more realistic.

i won't test it though - sorry. i have put this game away to try when the first patch is released.
Helmut