Lomac patch is out

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

If I remember correctly most game first patches were not this large. Wow I guess there are alot of bugs. Again if I remember correctly I didn't think above 5megs was the norm.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Hudson

patch blows

Post by Hudson »

FPS still sucks ass and wingman 3d joysticks still doesn't fire most the time when the stick is anywhere but center. This game was half done when they released it; now its 51%
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

What are your system specs Hudson??
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Hudson

gg

Post by Hudson »

Pentium 4 3.2 GHz w/800 MHz FSB, Shuttle SB61G2 case, 1GB DDR400 RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB, 40 GB SATA 150 HDD w/8 MB cache..., plextor PlexWriter Premium 52x/48x/52x, Microsoft Wireless optical mouse and keyboard for Bluetooth... that's about it...

Idle's 0% CPU utilization and 72MB memory in use with no crazy BS running at startup (i'm really anal retentive about lots of shit NOT coming up when I boot my computer); Hyperthreading on or off doesnt seem to make a lick of difference...

latest BIOS; latest catalyst drivers, every last one of my windows updates, and latest Shuttle drivers for my system.....

4x AntiAliasing and 4x Antiostropic Filtering @ 1024x768 16-bit color.
thats about it
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Hudson? Shuttle?????????! what is your sound? that might have something to do with it.
Helmut
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Onboard... I know that that could especially be a problem with this game; I know, I know, onboard sound blows monkey arse; but everything else works fine (especially everything NOT made by Ubi); the sad fact is it SHOULDN'T be a problem. I suppose I should suck it up and buy a nice card for my nice system this weekend and see if my frame rates come up in LOMAC; if not I can always return it...

They gave me a PCI slot so I may as well use for something...

Anyone have a suggestion; if not I guess I'll go with a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS; seems what they're pushing these days...
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Whereas this patch seems to have improved the missiles and radar, these developers have a lot to learn about how to make a sim user-friendly and/or intuitive. Going through their menus and control options and screens, I constantly do not know what button to press, whether I should save or not, and in general, what the heck will happen after I press some button or perform some action.

After installation of the patch, all my input settings were reset to the default. I had to go back into options and recheck and remap - stupid.

It also reset all my campaigns back to the start. All that hard work and time to progress as far as I did - in some campaigns I had made it to the fourth or fifth mission - was gone.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]

Post by Guest »

I am seriously guessing here but all the missions I created and like you the campaign's I started are gone, save for one saved mission that was from the campaign and it didn't work. After a couple of minutes it locked up so we have to start all missions and such from scratch.

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

sorry that was me...I didn't realize that I wasn't signed in.
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

It was stated by one of the Lomac Dev's that the patch would make some of the training missions unworkable, it appears that it also changes the way missions and campaigns work, so they obviously decided to make the patch wipe all saved missions in the campaigns and force us to redo them with the patch changes!

Does not make any sense really, since it should not affect the missions you have completed and saved only the ones still to do!

Understandable that you guys are a bit miffed about all your hard work going to waste :( .
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

exactly why i was not doing anything with the game and believe no Ubi game is worth installing until the first patch is out...
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

Steel,
That's true of most things ... not just Ubi-games ...
-Gator
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i have never had a patch issued for any girlfriends... maybe that is my problem... 8O
Helmut
Hudson

I concur

Post by Hudson »

The developers need to at least change the error messages.

'If you don't know what's wrong then I'm not telling you' is about as intuitive as 'bad command or filename'

And the good ole' 'it's not you, it's me' has more humor value than 'keyboard not detected click or press any key to continue'
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Now there's a thought Steel.

if there was a girlfriend patch, just think of the improvements they could make.

Hmmm. And how would you suggest "uploading" the patch to the girlfriend?
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

interesting thought there Madrus. I think I will have to test the procedure to ensure it can be applied... ;)

now seriously, i might have to eat my words with this latest fling... she is absolutely the BOMB!
Helmut
Hudson

Just remember...

Post by Hudson »

Bombs have a tendency of going off. Treat them with care.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

why? that is what i am hoping for! :D ;) :twisted:
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

ummm...yes. :)
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nah - it aint THAT! get your mind out of the gutter... :) (o.k. we did have some nice playtime over the weekend - but no where near that far) we get on REALLY well...pretty cool for a change. also very surprising given our age and cultural differences.
Helmut