praying for the next patch to be effective(wishful thinking)

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

praying for the next patch to be effective(wishful thinking)

Post by Grifter »

Ubi drives most of us crazy. While the a-10 is fun to fly in lomac, and would seem realistic, the F-15 is an excercise in frustration with its lousy amramm performance. I've read all sorts of recommendations on how to improve its performance, but the bottom line is that it sucks. Hopefully the new patch will improve the amramm performance, but somehow...I just doubt it. Major bummer.
Grifter

this is cool

Post by Grifter »

Apparently, someone figured out how to use the amramm in just the right combo of variables: high speed and alt. to help the missle etc. In any case, it's a cool video. You may have already seen this, not sure.

http://www.tmeier.org/modules.php?name= ... tit&lid=33
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Hey Grifter, how are you?

Apparently increasing missile effectiveness is one of the fixes that is in the next patch.

So is reducing the MIGS ECM effectiveness, which is far too good at jamming the F-15 radar.

The 2 Fixes above might seem related i.e. one fix, but they are listed separately in the list for the 1.02 patch so a combination of the 2 should seriously increase AMRAAM performance! HOPEFULLY :wink:
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Isn't this deja vu all over again? we were told missile and radar improvements were in the first patch.

now we are told they will also be in the second patch?

Yaaawwwwnnn. Wake me up when LOMAC is ready - if ever.

They appear to write good patch notes. the game is another story. and what is with the lack of MP missions? I cant say i have found any that are good, and few of them even work.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Hudson

I can see the title now

Post by Hudson »

I can see the title for the sequel now...

LOMAC 2: This Time Missiles and Radar Work
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Damn! You guys are hard to please . . . . . . :roll: . . . . .I just want to be able to play the bloody thing in "real time", instead of being sat under a strobe light having to guess where in the world is my bloody plane now.
Roll-on next week so I can get my broadband & new computer back!
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

The first patch fixed the Radars inability to find and lock onto targets with the F-15's Radar.

The second patch does not fix any Radar problems with the F-15 they are just reducing the effect of the Soviet planes ECM which is far to powerfull.

But they do appear to be making a lot of changes to the missile behaviour in the second patch though!

And anyway i don't think it's worth griping over since they appear to be doing a lot better job of getting all the problems fixed and Lomac is playable.

Which is a lot better than Falcon was when it was first released. From what i can make out Falcon was totally unplayable for a long time after it was released, what with CTD's all over the place and nearly impossible to land F-16's no matter what load they were or were not carrying!

So since Falcon 4 Gold OIR is now in the bin and will not be appearing on our shelves at all and neither will Falcon 5 by the looks of it, it would appear that Lomac will be the only major new Flight SIM (not arcade) around for a little while anyway.

And Kodiak you already know the only time Madrus is not moaning, is when he is happily playing with his Homosexual Spider!!! 8O
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Panzer and I have been playing a bunch of coop missions I found at SimHQ. The problem with them is about 80% are for the A-10 or A-10 + F-15. As the F-15 has such problems, it can get frustrating. The rest are F-15 only or Russian plane missions.
The other problem is several of these missions require more than 2 players. We tried one mission and I think it needed 4--2 in A-10s and 2 in F-15s. One A-10 can't handle all the ground work, one F-15 can't handle all the fighters--2 A-10s get waxed by the fighters, 2 F-15s can't win the ground attack part of the mission.

Now that AS is out I know we'll be doing a lot of that on Fridays (hopefully with some OFP thrown in), but if we do want to do some coop LOMAC I've got some for us to try.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

My answers to the LOMAC blues, neither of which anyone probably wants to hear:

Falcon w/SP4

or

IL2: Forgotten Battles
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Since I've only had time to play LOMAC online (I think I've got maybe 1 hour in offline), F4 w/SP is definitely out. I remember back when SP1 or 2 came out...I tried to drop an LGB and got screwed because I followed the OLD procedure, not the new 5x longer one.
Not had the time to relearn it since.
The Jedi Master
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm always up for Falcon with sp4. I'll need to get IL2 forgotten battles this summer too. Right now, we're bidding on a house though, so no extra money for quite a while; in fact, I may not be able to buy any new games any time soon.