New Update available soon.

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

New Update available soon.

Post by KODIAK »

Beta 12 of v1.02 is currently under evaulation and looking good with very few issues to be dealt with. More over at Frugalsworld.
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

Extra support for Win 98 and ME?
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Kodiak you are a little out of date on that update.

Beta 14 was tested last week by Stormin and the crew and still had a few (3 or 4) bugs 1 of which was one of the F-15 training missions still did not run properly.

Beta 15 was recieved yesterday May 21st by Stormin and is currently under test as we speak, he hopes that this will be the one for release, since Beta 14 was almost perfect and had a major increase in FPS performance, so looks like the boys and girls at Eagle Dynamics have been reall busy with this patch considering it has over 100 fixes.

On a sad note Stormin also mentioned 2 weeks ago that this might possibly be the last patch for Lomac hence the large number of fixes and the length of time taken to get it spot on.

But he did also mention that an addon for lomac is a major possibility with more planes being made flyable, this would be a separate product and would have to be bought as it will not be available as a free download.

Hammer, no i don't think they are putting any more fixes for Win 98 since lomac was originally designed for XP only but Ubi Soft insisted that it should be compatible for Win 98, this was one reason for the long delay that held up the launch of Lomac, if you want to get Lomac running at it's best then XP is the way to go since Win 98 has terrible memory management and Lomac needs a lot of memory.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

I have ME at the moment, but XP should be arriving pretty soon.
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Well Beta 15 has not worked out either.

Stormin has reported this morning that there are 2 bug that have appeared in the Beta 15 build for the 1.2 patch.

1. Unable to break padlock. Seems the new padlock system that allows you to change what plane you are padlocking before and after making a padlock works but won't let you break the padlock to return to normal views.

2. The mission debrief is making duplicate entries in the report that makes the report very long and takes ages to come up after leaving the game making the game look as if it has frozen.

Apart from this the game works great and all other fixes and tweaks are fully functional so we are now down to 2 things to get sorted and the 1.2 patch will be released.

Don't mind waiting myself since i am having a great time with Lomac as is anyway.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Hey! Don't go puttin' on me boy!! 8O I just report what I find, when I find it - if some useless ass can't be bothered to update his update, that ain't my problem . . . . . . :roll: :lol:
You gittin' me boy!!?
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

Steady boy! Heel! :x

Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Kodiak i get ye, an ill put on ye whitever i bloody like, :twisted: after aw.

Whit ye gonnae dae aboot it? :lol:
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

:roll:

OMG ROFLMFAO!! You caught me with that comment at the right time . . .
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Well they are onto Beta 21 now and rising fast!!!!! 8O
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

All I want to know is have they actually put out a second update for this dayum game or not!?!

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, they have stated that this will be the final update from them for LO-MAC, hence the reason for the delay. They want to be sure it will be relatively bug-free - a company that actually cares about their reputation?! 8O They obviously have another game in the pipeline, eh?
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

While they are sitting there twiddlin there thumbs and playin with each other I can't play the darn game. I am trying to get my boss to loan me his Radeon card(I can't remember which model but it was the newest or right below that three months ago.) since he won't be using his computer for awhile.

DA
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Actually, Kodiak, it's more that Ubi isn't paying them to do anything after this patch. End of the line.
Eagle Dynamics is likely moving on with other products themselves, but they will be Ubi free. So anything else for LOMAC (like fixes or enhancements as we're used to with Il-2) would instead be part of an addon (the previously mentioned F/A-18) we'd have to buy from them--but not thru Ubi.

Just as well...if they can get another publisher or some sort of direct internet deal going, all the better.
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

So, basically, what we are looking at here are UBI got their noses into Flanker 2.0/2.5 by SSI. Then decided to go dump on SSI, not to mention all the usual loyal customers again? Jeez, does this sound like a Microprose special or what?! :roll:
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

From what i can tell Ubi are the ones mainly to blame for the long delay in Lomac getting released in the first place and then when they finally ran out of patience and their retailers started threatening to pull out of selling Lomac (due to the long wait) they basically issued an ultimatum to Eagle Dynamics to release it before Christmas or Scrap it and get all the development costs returned to UBI that had already been paid to ED.

This comes from a statement that Stormin the ED development team manager put up on a foreign web site after he had been verbally attacked by a few people saying that Lomac should not have been released when it was as it was not ready and blamed Stormin and the rest of ED for it.

Stormin replied telling the person that yes he agreed that Lomac had been released to early but they had been given no choice by UBI.

Ubi were the one that insisted that Lomac was made Windows 98 compatible, something that ED had not planned to do with Lomac and this caused a serious delay due to the fact that Lomac was already far into development at the time and had not been programmed to be Win 98 compatible.

Ubi also made numerous other demands during the development of Lomac that again caused further delay as these demands meant that Lomac had to go through serious redevelopment for some of them.

Then by the midle of 2003 Ubi were getting irrate about Lomac and demanded it's release by Christmas or Scrap it and get their money back! also at this point all previous plans for a major advertising campaign for it's launch was scrapped by Ubi and they also stated that any patches required for the game would not be financed by them but ED would have to do development work on patches for it at their own expense and any patches that were needed would have to be made as it was a part of the initial contract between the 2 companies.

So patch 1 and 2 have both been developed by ED at their own expense hence the reason that they want to make the second patch 100% and then as Jedi Master said they would make Lomac Addons that would be sold separately.

Lomac will not die a quick death after this patch but will get further addons but we just have to pay for them which does not bother me.

Also Stormin also said that this might be the last free patch not definitely.

Time will tell.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

When Ubi bought SSI (not really sure why they did, actually), they would've cancelled LOMAC had not the majority of the money already been spent according to Carl. So instead, they ordered all this crap done to it that made things worse.
Remember they did the same thing to the first Il-2 when Bluebyte (the original pub) was bought by Ubi--they ordered a demo among other things (which Oleg hadn't scheduled for in dev time and pushed back the game further than it had been already due to programmer illness).

Since Ubi will be out of any prospective addons, I'm wondering if they could do it like Oleg was originally going to do Il-2:FB when it was still to be an addon for Il-2---the addon would actually have been the full game reworked with additions to it installed in a different directory. Oleg had said the addon was too different (with their enhancements) to "plug in" to Il-2 anymore.

My thinking is ED could release the Hornet addon for LOMAC that would actually replace LOMAC's files with a new set of its own. Then they could say "Win9x no longer supported" and eliminate that code and maybe get the code up to where it needs to be. I mean, all of LOMAC fit on one CD anyway, in an age where 3-4 CDs seems to be the norm and 5-6 isn't unheard of (UT2004).
The Jedi Master
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I like the game personally and I can see them sell addons for each new aircraft introduced or even several like a navy version, then an airforce version, SAAB etc. etc.

DA