A-10s & AGM65s

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

A-10s & AGM65s

Post by KODIAK »

Well, I seem to be having a a bit more success with the AGM65-D/K. Having said that, it feels like cheating - firstly I have labels on and secondly I'm using the cockpit view magnification, and not the TVM magnification view to acquire the target for lock-on. Is this how everyone else is achieving a result, or what?
Mind you, I am able to control the A-10 a little better during the landing phase now, since I have discovered Shift-F provides "landing flaps" i.e. more flaps extension. Which as everyone understands gives the extra lift at lower speeds required for landing. I also managed a successful vehicle hunt mission. My gunslingin' with the GAU-8 is coming on a real treat too. So, an element of progress. Which is more than I was achieving last week.
Finally, does everyone else experience very sensitive stick movement with LO-MAC? In particular, Madrus, how do you get on? Seeing as you have a Cougar like me perhaps you would provide best feedback.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Gator

Post by Gator »

it is very sensitive, but if you go into the controls or input section of the options you can change the response curve if you poke around a little. I had to make mine less steep too.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

i always fly with labels on. don't have any trouble getting a lock with either agm65.

no problem landing either with or without flaps.

i modified my roll and pitch response curves to really deaden them.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, so are we talking about modifying the curves within the LO-MAC game or within joystick software Foxy / HOTAS Cougar Control Panel?
And finally, do you utilise the cockpit maginification view or do you observe the TVM to obtain target view & lock? I'm just trying to judge my progress by what methods others use to gain success. I know it might seem trivial, but it's important for me.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Thanx Larry. That sounds like a good idea with the "full stop" indication, maybe I'll give that a go at some stage. And it's good to hear that someone else uses the cockpit zoomed view as opposed to the TVM view.
But once all that is out of the way, the issue remains with the sensitivity of the stick - but I just don't want to touch anything until I know which one to use for modding the sensitivity successfully, with the Cougar I suspect if you don't do it right, it'll all go Pete Tong!
Madrus, one other thing, do you have a Thrustmaster TacBoard plugged-in when using your Cougar in LO-MAC? I seem to have a problem where the weapon "Pickle" button on my Cougar doesn't activate - I end-up using the RETURN key on the keyboard. Wonder if I should disconnect it. A shame really, cos I was going to set-up the TacBoard as a mini keyboard to use instead whilst flying as it would be easier to "see" the relevant buttons.

Gator

Post by Gator »

Kodiak, change the sensitivity in LOMAC ...

check your hotas program, they changed a lot of key mappings. I don't think the tacboard is an issue - mine is always plugged in. My pickle didn't work until i reprogramed it to the right key.

Jedi tipped me to the key mappings doc in the docs folder of the game - it shows the key changes in red.

-Gator
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Thanx Bri, I'm gonna go have a look at that, and maybe I can get away with just altering those keys for now - I know Madrus set-up is pretty much to my liking, just these key anomolies at the moment which are pissing me off, and there is one thing I want to change - the cursor control for the radar, I want that on my microstick. And the target designate I want that on the 'enable' (depress microstick) instead of using TAB. Shouldn't take too much work though.