LO-MAC vs. LO-MAC v1.02

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

LO-MAC vs. LO-MAC v1.02

Post by KODIAK »

Madrus,
I have been playing with LO-MAC recently and couldn't understand why I was experiencing simple problems with certain buttons failing to operate correctly. And now that I am aware ther have been some alterations between certain controls from v1.1 to v1.2 I realise the only way round here was to re-programme the damn Cougar profile. So now I am delving into the book to see what to do - will let you know if it works.
Would also appreciate you putting some ideas into my head by posting here on any suggested way of altering the profile you made to suit. You know, a simple explanation of the dribble they print in the book! :lol:
Anyway, I'll see what I can do and if it works I may make some other small alterations to try and make a more generic set-up which reflects my set-up in Falcon 4. It won't be exactly the same, but you understand what I'm getting at - just something similar to what we did with the TacBoard and Ghost Recon, RvS, AA & Splinter Cell. It makes everything more natural when you're in-game and the pressure is on. You automatically go to a button, and 9 out of 10 times it'll be right.
Anyway, get back to me if you have any hints or tips to help me out. :wink: Thx.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I'm not sure how the Cougar works, but with the FLCS you could standardize. Make an .f22 file that said "H1U lookup" and use that in every sim you had. All you needed was customized .m22 files to define what command "lookup" was in the game.
Like I use T6 (the range wheel clicking down) for my landing gear and to turn radar on/off. One is with S3 (pinky button) out, the other in. I use this setup in every flight sim I've flown, from CFS3 to Il-2 to LOMAC to SFP1 to F4.
It certainly helps because you needn't memorize a bunch of keys, all it takes is the time to customize the .m22 for that game.
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yep, Jedi! It's pretty much like that I guess. I am just about to get to the part in the user manual where it shows you how to program, so we'll see if I can make head or tail of what it's saying, and get something done with it.
I was up flying yesterday with Nemisis in the afternoon, and the one thing that I found costly was all the messing with the keyboard buttons I had to do - yo're trying to watch the screen and tap the buttons at the same time and it is a serious time waste. By the time you've hit the wrong button then got to the right button and . . .well you know where I'm coming from here, you've missed the whole reason you were pressing the damn buttons in the first place! :x So, you have to start all over again. I'm just beginning to get the hang of things with the LO-MAC, and just getting back into enjoying flight simming again. This is the only thing spoiling it for me - it is the one thing holding up my progress at the moment. So I need to do something about it.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

i havent used Lomac 1.02 yet, so i can only surmise that what you are saying is they changed the default keymappings. go back in and change them back, or change the mappings in your .tmm file to match what they have.

as for helping you modify my profiles, let's do it over voice, not over the forum.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Sure mate, whatever works for you. I'm happier talking that typing anyway.
As far as changing the mappings back is concerned I don't think that way is an option, given that hey have split some of the actions like chaff / flare is now chaff or flare, and Fire / pickle is now fire cannon or pickle weapon. Hence the main reason I need to alter your config in Cougar / Foxy. I'm going to have a go myself first if you don't mind, and if/when I get stuck I'll talk to you about it over RW. I am generally happy with the set-up, just a few things I want to adjust to get it a little closer to the Real Falcon set-up, so I press the right button wothout thinking about it too much.