LOMAC 1.1 Available on CD

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Jedi Master

LOMAC 1.1 Available on CD

Post by Jedi Master »

For those of you with interest (other than Panzer and myself, who've both preordered), the LOMAC 1.1 standalone addon is now available for $40 + shipping from naturalpoint.com (makers of TrackIR).
It apparently will have Starforce, like SC:CT and SH3. It's going to ship early in May sometime, but they're going to have limited numbers available so those interested best preorder ASAP.

This will replace the existing LOMAC install. Those of us who have it will no longer be MP compatible with those who don't. Of course, we've not played this as a group here in quite awhile, so for some people this is a total non-issue.

Be advised, however, that Panzer and I are getting it so anyone so inclined play MP sometime will have the 2 of us to join up with.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Looks like from the MOUNTAIN of replies that you got to this thread, it will be just you and me playing it online. :lol:

As for Starforce, I do not fear it. I have no CD burning software installed.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Gator

Post by Gator »

As much as I actually like Lomac, I can't believe the "patch" costs $40!!!
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Since it adds a whole new plane and lots of improvements to existing ones, it's hardly a patch.
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

There has to be much more to it than CD burning software, Panz. I have deleted ALL CD type software and still having problems. Even Starforce have no idea what the problem is. They have been working on the problem for some 3 weeks now and still have no idea what I can do. Why should I have to buy a new drive to use a game I've bought, and when you consider the drive I have is only about 18 months old, this is a bit of a disgrace really, eh?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote: They have been working on the problem for some 3 weeks now and still have no idea what I can do. Why should I have to buy a new drive to use a game I've bought, and when you consider the drive I have is only about 18 months old, this is a bit of a disgrace really, eh?
I agree completely. That is ridiculous. I wonder if Starforce has a problem with certian CD Burner Drives and no problems with others? Very odd.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

I will probably pick a copy of this up in the near future since i really liked Lomac and even when i wasn't in the mood for combat i'd load up Lomac and go for a Spin round the block as Lomac gives the best and most realistic feeling of flight compared to anyhting else out there especially when combined with Track IR.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Softball

Post by Softball »

Is there a place online to order the 1.1 CD?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:Is there a place online to order the 1.1 CD?

yes, go here:

http://naturalpoint.com/trackir/
Gator

Post by Gator »

I was trying to order the download version, but can't find it.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver