Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

LOCK-ON MODERN AIR COMBAT II : The Rebirth! :lol:
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Ubi owns that name, so I think it safe to say there will NEVER be a LOMAC 2!

However, FC 1.1 is a major upgrade to the game. In fact, I'd say it's bigger than the Flanker 2 -> 2.5 upgrade was. All that really did was add a MiG-29K to the game, the rest stayed more or less the same.

With 1.1 there are a TON of small changes, some medium ones, and a few big ones. The cockpits seem to have changed on quite a few planes, damage models have changed, missile modeling has changed (although it's still not perfect, but better!), they've added seasons so you can have snow-covered terrain, etc.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Nemisis wrote:LOCK-ON MODERN AIR COMBAT II : The Rebirth! :lol:

It certainly does seem like a rebirth indeed. I just need to start learning the SU-25T now!
Last edited by PanzerMeyer on 01 Jun 2005, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm a fighter pilot. The frogfoot really doesn't interest me. I still may buy FC1.1, but I'm hoping they improve the realism a little bit more. For now I'll stick with Falcon. Too bad there is such a schism. Perhaps F4AF will unite the delineating factions.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:I'm a fighter pilot. The frogfoot really doesn't interest me. I still may buy FC1.1, but I'm hoping they improve the realism a little bit more. For now I'll stick with Falcon. Too bad there is such a schism. Perhaps F4AF will unite the delineating factions.

F4AF....ONE FLIGHTSIM TO RULE THEM ALL. :)

Actually, the F-15 is a bit improved as well. I can get consistent kills with the AMRAAM and SPARROWS.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i don't know that LOMAC is actually lacking any realism compared to Falcon... I think it is just different, and it had its bugs. These are supposedly better now, but it really sucks that the add on costs that much.

which version, cd or dl, has starforce? i don't recall the original lomac having it, right?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote: which version, cd or dl, has starforce? i don't recall the original lomac having it, right?

Only the retail CD version has starforce but keep in mind that this is a starforce "lite" version. It will work fine for 99% of users out there. I have had zero issues with starforce so far. The original LOMAC did NOT have starforce, you are correct. The downloadable version of Flaming Cliffs also doesn't have starforce.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

BZZZZZZZZZT! SORRY, YOU LOSE! :P

The DL version of 1.1 has a limited install version of SF, it just doesn't need a CD. You get SF with 1.1 no matter what.

As for the cost, can't do anything about that. Of course, how much money have we spent on modern flight sims in the last few years? There's Lock On...and...Lock On 1.1.
We've got F4:AF (maybe) and Fighter Ops (hopefully) to look forward to.
Oddly, Fighter Ops appears to have only started work in January of this year, so I don't know what was going on last year and the year before that when I think I first heard of it.

The difference, of course, is 1.1 is here and we can play it NOW. :)
The Jedi Master
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

I'm sure Fighter Ops only appeared after Falcon 4 Gold Operation Infinite Resolve was scrapped and so was the impending Falcon 5!.

After that G2 Interactive (the Devs that were going to release those titles ) decided to go and make the mother of all flight sims (sounds familiar) which they launched as the Fighter Ops outfit.

Might be wrong but i'm sure that's what the plan was.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I always thought FO was separate from all that. It's based on the X-Plane engine, not F4.
The Jedi Master
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Yes the scenery and terrain is X-Plane based so that they can eventually include the Whole world as a possible theatre, but it is Falcon 4 Campaign and based.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Not too sure of the 'political' make-up of FO, but they promise something very large, and if they can deliver, it will be a huge success IMHO. I'm going to by AF too as soona sit arrives, so I don't mind being the guinea pig for everyone. :wink: